Our Equality Scheme for 2020 to 2024 [PDF], was approved by Cabinet on 7 December 2020.
Equality Scheme purpose
The purpose of our Equality Scheme is to:
- Set out our equality objectives for the period 2020-24 and provide details to show how these will contribute towards the aims of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Present the Council’s approach to embedding equality within Council services.
- Provide details of the equality responsibilities of the Council, its employees, and elected representatives.
- Set arrangements for monitoring and checking progress against our equality objectives.
The following equality objectives show how South Cambridgeshire District Council will meet the three aims of the Public Sector Equality Duty during the period 2020 to 24.
Objective 1: Understand the diversity that exists within the South Cambridgeshire population and identify, prioritise, and deliver actions that will narrow the gap in outcomes between disadvantaged groups and the wider community
For example by reviewing SCDC policies, projects, and services to ensure equality considerations are embedded within service design and delivery
Objective 2: South Cambridgeshire District Council is an employer that values difference and recognises the strength that a diverse workforce brings
For example by celebrating and promoting diversity by marking key dates within the calendar including but not limited to Black History month and LGBTQ+ month and investigate other possible events
Objective 3: Protected groups are included and have their voices heard in discussions about the future shape of the district
For example by taking action to foster good relations in areas experiencing high levels of growth, including between people with protected characteristics and those from the wider community
Progress towards each of these objectives is reported to the Council's Cabinet on an annual basis. The annual reports summarising the council's actions can be found below:
- Annual Report 2019 to 2020, meeting Monday 7 December 2020, Agenda item 8.
Was this web page helpful?