Equality impact assessments
As a local authority we have a legal responsibility to ensure that its policies, procedures and functions do not adversely affect the different sections of its diverse community.
Equality Impact Assessments (EqIA) provide the framework through which this assessment can happen. Each Council policy or function is considered in relation to its impact across the nine protected characteristics of equality:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnerships
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion and belief
- Sex and sexual orientation.
If an adverse impact is identified then, wherever possible, attempts need to be made to remove or minimise this impact.
A full programme of Equality Impact Assessments is now in place. Completed Assessments are available below.
We welcome your view on any of these Assessments. Please email us at: email@example.com.
- Digital Inclusion Strategy EqIA
- Financial Inclusion EqIA
- Property Information Project EqIA
- Tenancy Profiling EqIA
- Community Engagement Strategy EqIA
- Corporate Peer Challenge EqIA
- Customer Contact Service EqIA
- Energy Research Project EqIA
- RIPA Policy EqIA
Health & Environmental Services
Planning & New Communities
Was this web page helpful?