South Cambridgeshire Logo
My South Cambs:
Sign in or register
White icon - council

Complaints about councillor conduct

If you wish to complain about the conduct of a member of South Cambridgeshire District Council or a member of a town or parish council in South Cambridgeshire, please complete The Code of Conduct Complaint Form. [PDF, 0.5MB]

The completed form should be emailed to the Monitoring Officer or posted to:

The Monitoring Officer
South Cambridgeshire District Council
South Cambridgeshire Hall
Cambourne Business Park
CB23 6EA 

In your complaint you should set out in full (attaching evidence as appropriate) why you think a member has not followed the Councillor Code of Conduct [PDF, 0.3MB].

Please note the Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member and cannot receive complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct, such as maladministration. 

Usually, within 5 working days of receiving a valid Code of Conduct complaint and supporting evidence the Monitoring Officer will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint
  • Contact the subject Member with a copy of the complaint and evidence
  • Ask the subject Member to provide a written response to the allegation(s) and supporting evidence, usually within 5 working days

Please note that if your complaint relates to a Town or Parish Councillor, then you should make a complaint to the relevant Town or Parish Council in the first instance. 

The Council’s Civic Affairs Committee has oversight of complaints regarding councillors and details about this committee.


Contact Details