Community Lifeline Service
- Benefits of the Community Lifeline Service
- How to apply
- Installing the alarm
- Key Safes
- How to pay
Help is available at the touch of a button with the Community Lifeline Service. The Community Lifeline Service provides a pendant alarm in your home, which when pressed contacts a response centre so that help can be raised.
The contact centre will arrange for the appropriate help and in a crisis emergency services can be called.
- Help available in your home, at the touch of a button
- Trained operators via the contact centre to assess your situation
- Arrange for next of kin, neighbours, friends or the emergency services
- Peace of mind for you and your family
The response centre operators are trained to assess your situation and can arrange for a key holder contact to call, next of kin or the emergency services.
The service gives you and your family peace of mind, that you're safe in your home and knowing that help is available.
A community lifeline is a valuable source of help for people of any age, whether you have a disability, are an older person enabling you to stay in your own home, people living alone or anyone who has a special need.
A Community Lifeline is for anyone living in South Cambridgeshire.
- A Community Lifeline can easily be connected to a telephone socket and a nearby electric socket.
- Installation can be arranged within 5 working days of us receiving your application unless it is urgent (hospital discharge).
- The installation is free of charge.
- There is also a quarterly charge for the hire and monitoring of equipment.
- The current charges are £61.75 per quarter (13 weeks), or £4.75 per week (without VAT).
- Our tenants are charged weekly, the charge is added to their rent payment.
- Additional pendants, or replacement of lost pendants, are charged at £50.
- If you do not have a key holder who lives within a reasonable distance from your home, you may be required to have a key safe fitted at your property.
- You can arrange to fit your own key safe.
- A key safe is a small, wall-mounted, key-storage system that can hold a key. It has a combination lock which can be set with your own chosen code.
- This will allow any person responding in an emergency situation to gain access.
You will receive an invoice when your bill is due.
Please pay your Community Lifeline Service invoice online on our Pay For It page.
You can also pay for your invoice over the phone. Please call 01954 713 000 and one of our contact advisors will guide you through the process.
We can refer you to:
- The Assistive Technology Team if you require any additional assistive equipment, including fall detectors, sensor monitors, at no extra charge.
- Mobile Warden Schemes which support older people to live independently in their homes and in the community they know, and which knows them.
- Visiting Support Service which provides short-term support service providing confidential, emotional, financial and practical support and promoting independent living in the community.