General Council Tax information

We collect Council Tax on behalf of:

  • Cambridgeshire County Council.
  • Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
  • Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fire Authority.
  • Your local Parish Council.
  • South Cambridgeshire District Council.

The amount you pay depends on:

  • The valuation band of your property (set by the Valuation Office Agency).
  • Whether you are entitled to any help with paying your bill though the Council Tax Benefit scheme.
  • Any discount or exemption under Council Tax legislation due to your own personal circumstances.

Click here to read the 'Your Council Tax' booklet .

This booklet explains more about the amount each public service charges, along with the services they provide. The advert pages have been removed to make it easier to read online.

How can I find out what my Council Tax is for this year?

The document below shows the total Council Tax charged for each band for 2017/18, by Parish. The charges shown in the tables are before any exemptions or discounts are applied.

2017/18 Council Tax Charges

What is my Council Tax band and how is this decided?

Bands are set by the Valuation Office Agency, which is part of HM Revenue & Customs. They can be contacted on 03000 501 501, or details of bandings are available on the Valuation Office Agency website You can use their online banding search to identify the banding for your property.

Properties have been allocated to one of eight bands according to their open market capital value as of 1st April 1991. Your Council Tax bill states which band applies to your property.

Parish Councils with expenditure over £140,000

Where Parish Councils set a budget in excess of £140,000, further information is provided in this budget information document.

If you have any further questions, contact details have been included below each Parish on the above document.

Permission for someone else to discuss my account

If you wish for someone to be able to discuss your Council Tax account with us on your behalf, please print, complete and return this Permission to Share Document.

Contact Details