Senior staff salaries and members' allowances
A new Senior Officer Structure was introduced during 2019 / 2020, therefore not all posts comparable year on year.
To show our commitment to being an open and transparent council, we have taken steps to publish details of senior management salaries. We employ almost 500 staff who work to provide local services. Staff are led by a team that includes:
|Job title||Financial year||Actual salary paid (£)||Returning officer fees (£)||Election fees (£)||Benefits in kind etc. (£)||Compensation for loss of office (£)||Total remuneration excluding pension contributions (£)||Employers pension contributions (£)||Total remuneration including pension contributions (£)|
|Chief Executive 1||2019 - 2020||67,852||4,100||0||0||0||71,952||11,535||83,487|
|Chief Executive 2||2018 - 2019||117,555||12,387||0||0||202,455||332,397||19,984||352,381|
|Interim Executive Director 3||2019 - 2020||40,560||0||0||0||0||40,560||5,909||46,469|
|Interim Executive Director 3||2018 - 2019||34,300||0||0||0||0||34,300||0||34,300|
|Director of Health &||2019 - 2020||116,298||5,595||280||0||79,312||201,484||20,037||221,521|
|Environmental Services 4||2018 - 2019||95,606||0||300||0||0||95,906||16,253||112,158|
|Director of Housing 5||2019 - 2020||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Director of Housing||2018 - 2019||29,823||0||0||0||0||29,823||0||29,823|
|Joint Director for Planning||2019 - 2020||108,275||0||0||0||0||108,275||18,407||126,682|
|and Economic Development 6||2018 - 2019||106,152||0||0||0||0||106,152||18,046||124,198|
|*Head of Finance & Section 151 Officer||2019 - 2020||71,276||0||0||0||0||71,276||12,117||83,393|
|*Head of Human Resources & Corporate Services||2019 - 2020||84,367||0||695||0||0||85,062||13,967||99,029|
|*Head of Waste & Environment (with effect from 01.03.2020) 7||2019 - 2020||6,446||0||0||0||0||6,446||1,096||7,542|
|*Interim Head of Housing (with effect from 14.01.2020) 8||2019 - 2020||21,900||0||0||0||0||21,900||0||21,900|
- 1 Commenced employment 23 September 2019
- 2 Commenced employment 1 July 2017. Employment ended 28 February 2019 - Loss of Office cost is additional pension contribution payable due to early retirement.
- 3 Post initially filled by Temporary Contractor that moved onto Full time equivalents.
- 4 Includes acting up to Director of Housing and Interim Chief Executive from 1 March 2019, left 7 February 2020
- 5 Post covered by Director of Health and Environmental Services during 2019 / 2020
- 6 Shared Director with Cambridge City Council. 100% of Remuneration costs shown above. Costs shared 50:50.
- 7 Post supersedes Director of Health and Environmental Services
- 8 Head of Housing post supersedes Director of Housing post
|Remuneration band||2019 to 2020: number of employees||2018 to 2019: number of employees|
|£50,000 - £54,999||6||8|
|£55,000 - £59,999||4||6|
|£60,000 - £64,999||5||3|
|£65,000 – £69,999||2||1|
Senior council officers' salaries are made available as part of our open data initiative, the following document includes salary details for the Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of Service.
Members' allowances scheme and expenses paid
Was this web page helpful?