Children's sports holiday camps
Our popular sport-based holiday camps for children between the ages of 7 and 14 (school year 3 to year 9) restarted from May 2021.
We encourage young people to try out a variety of different activities and learn new skills in safe and enjoyable, inclusive sessions led by fully qualified and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) approved coaches.
Summer holidays sports camps: bookings now open
Our holiday camps are from 10am to 3:30pm.
There are 4 available camps to book:
- Athletics: Monday 26 July 2021
- Athletics: Tuesday 27 July 2021
- Netball: Wednesday 28 July 2021
- Netball: Thursday 29 July 2021
Athletics address: Wilberforce Road Athletics Track, Cambridge, CB3 0EQ (outdoors).
Netball address: Impington Sports Centre, New Road, Impington, CB24 9LX (outdoors).
- One child for one day: £25.
- Two children, or for more than one day: £21 per child, per day.
If a child cannot attend because of reasons related to COVID-19 a full refund will be issued (more information below).
We are working to make the camps as safe as possible following current Government guidance as well as providing the usual enjoyable experience.
Before the camp
- Prior to the camp parents of primary school children or secondary school aged children are encouraged to participate in twice-weekly Lateral Flow Testing, either through your school or by ordering Coronavirus tests online via the national system.
- Parents will be asked to confirm that:
- no-one in the child’s household (including the child) has had a positive COVID-19 test in the 10 days up to the camp
- no-one in the child’s household or bubble (including the child) has any symptoms of COVID-19
- the child should not be in quarantine after returning from travel at the time of the camp.
- Staff will also be asked to confirm this
During the camp
- We are required to complete a full COVID Risk Assessment for the camp and the activities planned, which will include factors such as sharing any equipment safely, making sure there are facilities for regularly cleaning hands, ensuring there’s good ventilation in any indoor spaces and capturing contact details in line with Test and Trace requirements.
- Groups will be allocated set areas to store belongings and to go to for breaks.
- Groups will take staggered breaks to help with social distancing
- We will have an isolation area in case of anyone developing COVID-19 symptoms during the camp.
Email us to find out more about the camps or to ask to be added to our mailing list: Holiday.Camps@scambs.gov.uk
Dates for the diary
October half term sports camps
- Athletics: Tuesday 26 October 2021
- Netball: Wednesday 27 October 2021
Please check back at a later date for the October sports camps booking form.
Was this web page helpful?