Children's sports holiday camps
Our popular sport-based holiday camps for children between the ages of seven and 14 (school Year 3 to Year 9) are restarting for the May 2021 half term.
We encourage young people to try out a variety of different activities and learn new skills in safe and enjoyable, inclusive sessions led by fully qualified and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) approved coaches.
Children can attend one or both days. If a child cannot attend because of reasons related to Covid-19 a full refund will be issued (more information below).
- One child for one day: £25
- Two children, or for more than one day: £21 per child, per day
May half term – bookings now open
Athletics: Tuesday 1 June | 10am to 3:30pm | Outdoors at Wilberforce Road Athletics Track, Cambridge, CB3 0EQ
Netball: Wednesday 2 June | 10am to 3:30pm | Outdoors at Impington Sports Centre, New Road, Impington, CB24 9LX
We are working to make the camps as safe as possible as well as providing the usual enjoyable experience.
Before the camp
- Prior to the camp parents of primary school children or secondary school aged children are encouraged to participate in twice-weekly Lateral Flow Testing, either through your school or by ordering tests online via the national system
- Parents will be asked to confirm that:
- no-one in the child’s household (including the child) has had a positive Covid-19 test in the 10 days up to the camp
- no-one in the child’s household or bubble (including the child) has any symptoms of Covid-19
- the child should not be in quarantine after returning from travel at the time of the camp.
- Staff will also be asked to confirm this.
During the camp
- We are required to complete a full Covid Risk Assessment for the camp and the activities planned, which will include factors such as sharing any equipment safely; making sure there are facilities for regularly cleaning hands; ensuring there’s good ventilation in any indoor spaces; and capturing contact details in line with Test and Trace requirements
- We’ll also ensure we have small groups, with a maximum of 15 children, to minimise any possible Covid exposure
- Arrivals, breaks and collection times will be staggered to help with social distancing
- Groups will be allocated set areas to store belongings and to go to for breaks
- And we will have an isolation area in case of anyone developing Covid-19 symptoms during the camp
Email us to find out more about the camps or to ask to be added to our mailing list: Holiday.Camps@scambs.gov.uk
2021 holiday camp dates for the diary
Athletics: Monday 26 July
Athletics: Tuesday 27 July
Netball: Wednesday 28 July
Netball: Thursday 29 July
October half term
Athletics: Tuesday 26 October
Netball: Wednesday 27 October
Was this web page helpful?