West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan
View information for all neighbourhoods on our neighbourhood plans page.
West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 13.5MB] was made on 23 September 2022 after a successful referendum which took place on 11 August 2022.
The West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan as made now forms part of the development plan for South Cambridgeshire. All planning decisions in the neighbourhood area will need to be made in accordance with the development plan that now includes the Neighbourhood Plan, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Neighbourhood area designated by us: 17 November 2015
- Pre-submission public consultation (Regulation 14): 1 May 2021 to 30 June 2021
- Neighbourhood Plan submitted to us: 3 December 2021
- Submission public consultation (Regulation 16): 18 January to 15 March 2022
- Neighbourhood Plan sent for examination: 17 March 2022
- Referendum: 11 August 2022
- Neighbourhood Plan made: 23 September 2022
Neighbourhood Area Designated
On 17 November 2015 the Planning Portfolio Holder designated the West Wickham neighbourhood area.
- Application to designate West Wickham neighbourhood area
- West Wickham neighbourhood area designated map
Regulation 14 Pre-submission Consultation
West Wickham Parish Council started its pre-submission consultation on the West Wickham neighbourhood plan on 1 May 2021.
The deadline for comments was 30 June 2021.
The parish council has a website dedicated to their neighbourhood plan.
Strategic Environmental Assessment/Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Determination Statement
SCDC and West Wickham Parish Council have prepared a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Determination Statement. [PDF, 1MB]
Submission public consultation (Regulation 16)
West Wickham Parish Council submitted the Neighbourhood Plan for its parish to SCDC on 3 December 2021, along with its supporting documents.
We have confirmed that the Neighbourhood Plan complies with all the relevant statutory requirements.
We carried out a public consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan from 18 January to 15 March 2022.
Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents
Examination (Regulation 17)
The West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan was submitted for examination on 17 March 2022. The independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination was Andrew Freeman. He has now completed his examination. He sent his final examiner's report [PDF, 0.2MB] to SCDC on 31 May 2022.
The representations received during the Regulation 16 consultation have now been published and can be viewed on our online consultation system online consultation system.
On 4 April 2022, the examiner sent a Procedural Letter and Questions [PDF, 0.2MB] to SCDC and West Wickham Parish Council.
West Wickham Parish Council has provided responses to the questions asked by the examiner: West Wickham Parish Council Response (11 May 2022) [PDF, 91Kb]
The referendum on the West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan took place on 11 August 2022.
More than 90% of those voting in the referendum have voted in favour of SCDC using the West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood area.
The following documents are those specified in the Referendum Information Statement. [PDF, 0.5MB]
- The 'Referendum' of the West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 13.5MB] (including a map of West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan area)
- The Examiners Report on the West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 0.2MB]
- The written representations on the submission version of West Wickham Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 2MB], that were submitted to the independent examiner
- Our decision statement on the receipt of the Examiner's Report and its decision to proceed to referendum [PDF, 0.3MB] (June 2022) (including a statement of satisfaction that the 'For Referendum' version of the Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and is legally compliant)
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning [PDF, 0.2MB] including neighbourhood planning and referendum.