Main Modifications to the Local Plans (January to February 2018)
Main Modifications to the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan and Cambridge Local Plan
Public consultation on Main Modifications to the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan and Cambridge Local Plan (and associated Sustainability Appraisal of the Main Modifications) ended at 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018.
Representations received have been published, and are available to view on the Councils' interactive online consultation system pages:
The Statement of Consultation provides a summary of the representation received.
What happens next?
The representations (in full) received have been submitted to the Inspectors undertaking the examination.
The Inspectors will consider all the comments received and will decide whether any further hearings are necessary, or any issues need to be revisited. At the end of the examination process the Inspectors will present their final conclusions in their Reports into the examination of each Local Plan. If the plans are found ‘sound’, with any necessary modifications, they would be able to be adopted by the Councils.
Why did the Councils consult on Main Modifications?
The Cambridge Local Plan and South Cambridgeshire Local Plan were submitted for examination in March 2014. The examination process is being carried out by independent planning inspectors to determine whether the Local Plans are ‘sound’ and have complied with the necessary ‘legal requirements’.
Following completion of examination hearings into the Cambridge Local Plan and South Cambridgeshire Local Plan in July 2017, the plans have reached the next key stage in the process. The Inspectors asked that consultation be carried out on the Main Modifications they consider may be necessary in order for the Local Plans to be found ‘sound’. The Inspectors’ final conclusions will be given in their Reports in due course.
The Councils therefore consulted on the Main Modifications identified by the Inspectors and the associated Sustainability Appraisal of the Main Modifications. At the same time the Councils published some Additional (minor) Modifications, such as typographical errors and factual updates. They did not formally form part of the consultation but were provided for completeness.
The consultation took place between 9am Friday 5 January 2018 and 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018.
The Main Modifications Consultation Report explains the purpose of the consultation and includes schedules of modifications for each Local Plan. A summary of the issues addressed in the Main Modifications for each Local Plan is outlined in Chapter 3 of the Main Modifications Consultation Report.
- Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire Main Modifications Consultation Report (RD/MM/010)
- Chapters 1-3: Introduction, How to Have your Say, Modifications Summary
- Chapters 4-5: Proposed Main and Additional Modifications to the Cambridge Local Plan
- Chapter 6: Proposed Main Modifications to the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan:
- Main Modifications, Figures for Chapters 2, 3, 6 and 10
- Appendices and District Maps
- Insets B abd C, Cambridge Northern Fringe East and Cambridge East
- Insets E and H, South of Addenbrooke's and Waterbeach New Town
- Insets I and J, Bourn Airfield and Cambourne West
- Insets 5 to 11 Bar Hill to Bourn
- Insets 14 to 21, Cambourne to Comberton
- Insets 24 to 30 Cottenham to Eltisley
- Insets 35 to 47, Foxton to Guilden Morden
- Insets 50 to 62, Harston to Kingston
- Insets 67 to 77, Linton to Meldreth
- Insets 83 to 86 Orwell to Papworth Everard
- Insets 89 to 98 Sawston to Swavesey
- Insets 102 to 104 Thriplow to Waterbeach
- Chapter 7: Proposed Additional Modifications to the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan
- Appendix A: Principal Evidence Documents
- Sustainability Appraisal of Main Modifications (RD/MM/020)
If you would like further information, please contact the Planning Policy Teams:
Was this web page helpful?