Northstowe Area Action Plan (AAP)
What is the Northstowe Area Action Plan (AAP)?
The Northstowe AAP sets out the planning policies to guide the development of the new town of Northstowe, a proposed new town, north of Cambridge.
Adopted Northstowe AAP
Preparation of the Northstowe AAP
We submitted the Northstowe AAP to the Secretary of State in January 2006 and examination hearings to test the 'soundness' of the plan were held between December 2006 and January 2007.
In June 2007, the Inspectors issued their Inspectors Report [PDF, 3.5MB] concluding that the Northstowe AAP is 'sound' subject to a number of binding changes being made.
The Northstowe AAP was formally adopted on 19 July 2007.
- Adoption statement [PDF]
- Schedule of adopted plans and saved policies [PDF]
- Inspectors report on the Northstowe AAP (June 2007) [PDF, 3.5MB]
- Northstowe AAP Final Environmental / Sustainability Report [PDF]
- Northstowe AAP Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement [PDF]
- Northstowe AAP Habitats Directive Assessment [PDF]
Further information can be found on the Northstowe major development site pages.