Health Impact Assessment SPD
Health Impact Assessment SPD - adopted March 2011
This SPD was adopted by us to provide guidance to support previously adopted Development Plan Documents that have now been superseded by the South Cambridgeshire Local Plan 2018. This document is still a material consideration when making planning decisions, with the weight in decision making to be determined having regard to consistency with national planning guidance and the adopted South Cambridgeshire Local Plan 2018.
What are SPDs?
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) are intended to expand upon policy or provide further detail to policies in adopted Development Plan Documents (DPDs). When adopted, SPDs form part of the Local Development Framework but do not have development plan status and are not subject to independent examination.
What is the Health Impact Assessment SPD?
The SPD relates to Policy DP/1 Sustainable Development in the Development Control Policies DPD and policies in individual Area Action Plans for major developments that may vary from the district-wide policies. These policies seek to ensure the creation of healthy and inclusive communities and that health impacts on populations are adequately addressed throughout the development process.
For major developments, a Health Impact Assessment (HIA) is required to be submitted alongside any planning application to demonstrate that the potential impacts on health have been considered at the planning and design stage.
The SPD builds on international and national guidance, and provides advice and guidance on the preparation of Health Impact Assessments including the steps involved in the process and details of what should be included in the HIA to demonstrate that any health related impacts have been fully considered.
Adoption of the Health Impact Assessment SPD
We adopted the Health Impact Assessment SPD on 8 March 2011.
The adopted SPD takes account of the representations received during the 6-week period of public consultation undertake in October - December 2010. To see a summary of each representation received and our response to each representation, visit New Communities Portfolio Holder Meeting on 8 March 2011.
- Health Impact Assessment SPD - adopted March 2011
- Adoption Statement
- Statement of Consultation
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Habitats Regulations Assessment Statement
- District Design Guide: high quality and sustainable development in South Cambridgeshire
- A Review Package for Health Impact Assessment Reports of Development Projects - Ben Cave Associates
- Watch Out For Health: A Checklist for Assessing the Health Impact of Planning Proposals - Healthy Urban Development Unit
- Promoting Sustainable Communities in Growth Areas: Best Practice for providing Community Resources to promote Social Infrastructure - Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire Improving Health Partnership
Was this web page helpful?