Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan
View information for all neighbourhoods on our neighbourhood plans page
Andrew Ashcroft, the independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination of the Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan has now completed his examination. He sent his final examiner’s report [PDF, 0.3MB] to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 7 March 2022.
- Neighbourhood area designated by SCDC: 3 February 2015
- Pre-submission public consultation (Regulation 14): 7 September - 30 October 2020
- Neighbourhood Plan submitted to SCDC: 26 August 2021
- Submission public consultation (Regulation 16): 27 September-23 November 2021
- Neighbourhood Plan sent for examination: 6 December 2021
- Referendum: n/a
- Neighbourhood Plan made: n/a
- Parish Council Website for the neighbourhood plan
Neighbourhood area designated
On 3 February 2015 the Planning Portfolio Holder designated the Gamlingay neighbourhood area.
- Application to designate Gamlingay neighbourhood area [PDF, 0.5MB]
- Gamlingay designated neighbourhood area map [PDF, 0.5MB]
Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement
SCDC and Gamlingay Parish Council have prepared a Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement for the draft Gamlingay Neighbourhood:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement for Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan (September 2019) [PDF, 2.5MB]
Pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14)
Gamlingay Parish Council carried out a pre-submission consultation of their draft Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan which started on 7 September 2020.
Submission public consultation (Regulation 16)
Gamlingay Parish Council formally submitted the Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 26 August 2021.
SCDC has confirmed that the Neighbourhood Plan complies with all the relevant statutory requirements.
A public consultation was carried out by SCDC on the neighbourhood plan before its examination. The deadline for comments was 23 November 2021.
Neighbourhood Plan and Supporting documents:
- Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 6MB]
- Basic Conditions Statement [PDF, 0.5MB]
- Consultation Statement [PDF, 2.5MB]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement for Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan (September 2019) [PDF, 2MB]
The supporting evidence documents for the Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan are as follows:
- Landscape and Visual Analysis (CSA) 2021 [PDF, 11.5MB]
- Executive Summary (booklet) [PDF, 2.5MB]
- Gamlingay Village Design Guide Supplementary Document January 2020 [PDF, 4.5MB]
- Gamlingay Cycleway Improvement Plan SUSTRANS 2019 [PDF, 5.5MB]
- Housing Needs Assessment, BRCC 2018 [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment July 2020 [PDF, 3MB]
- Parish survey 2016 [PDF, 1MB]
- Local Consultation Documents [PDF, 0.1MB]
Examination (Regulation 17)
The Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan was submitted for examination on 6 December 2021. The independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination is Andrew Ashcroft.
The examiner has sent to SCDC on 7 and 9 December the following documents:
- Gamlingay Neighbourhood Plan Examination Arrangements (7 December 2021) [PDF, 0.1MB]– this sets out the arrangements for the examination of the plan
- Examiner’s Clarifications Note (9 December 2021) [PDF, 0.2MB]– this note sets out the examiner’s initial comments on the submitted Plan and sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification.
Gamlingay Parish Council has responded on 20 December 2021 to questions 1-5 [PDF, 0.2MB] contained in the examiner's clarification note (9 December 2021).
A further response was received from Gamlingay Parish Council on 6 January 2022 to questions 6-9 [PDF, 2.5MB] contained in the examiner's clarification note (9 December 2021).
Was this web page helpful?