Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan
View information for all neighbourhoods on our neighbourhood plans page
Andrew Ashcroft, the independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination of the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan has now completed his examination. He sent his final Examiner’s Report [PDF, 0.3MB] to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 12 September 2022.
- Neighbourhood area designated by us: 13 August 2018
- Pre-submission public consultation (Regulation 14): 1 January to 28 February 2021
- Neighbourhood Plan submitted to us: 18 October 2021
- Submission public consultation (Regulation 16): 8 November 2021 until 18 January 2022
- Neighbourhood Plan sent for examination: 24 January 2022
- Referendum: n/a
- Neighbourhood Plan made: n/a
Neighbourhood area designated
On 13 August 2018 the Joint Director for Planning and Economic Development designated the Fulbourn neighbourhood area.
- Application to designate Fulbourn neighbourhood area [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Fulbourn neighbourhood area designated map [PDF, 1MB]
Strategic Environmental Assessment / Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Determination Statement
South Cambridgeshire District Council and Fulbourn Parish Council have prepared a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Determination Statement
Pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14)
Fulbourn Parish Council carried out a pre-submission consultation on their draft Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan which started on 1 January 2021.
The deadline for comments was 28 February 2021.
Submission public consultation (Regulation 16)
Fulbourn Parish Council formerly submitted the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents to South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) on 18 October 2021.
SCDC confirmed that the Neighbourhood Plan complies with all the relevant statutory requirements.
A public consultation was carried out by SCDC on the Neighbourhood Plan before its examination. The deadline for comments was 18 January 2022. The representations received during the Regulation 16 consultation can be viewed in our online consultation system.
Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents:
- Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 24.5MB]
- Basic Conditions Statement [PDF, 2.5MB]
- Consultation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement [PDF, 1.5MB]
- Fulbourn Policy Map [PDF, 37MB]
- Fulbourn Policy Map (village inset) [PDF, 40.5MB]
The supporting documents for the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan are as follows:
- Evidence Paper 1 - Village Setting: Key Village Views [PDF, 0.4MB]
- Evidence Paper 2 - Village Setting: Important Countryside Frontages [PDF, 1.5MB]
- Evidence Paper 3 - Local Green Space [PDF, 2.5MB]
- Evidence Paper 4 - Protected Village Amenity Areas [PDF, 2.5MB]
- Evidence Paper 5 - Connected Green Infrastructure [PDF, 0.7MB]
- Evidence Paper 6 - Biodiversity in Fulbourn [PDF, 7MB]
Examination (Regulation 17)
The Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan was submitted for examination on 24 January 2022. The independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination is Andrew Ashcroft.
The examiner sent to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 14 February 2022 the following documents:
- Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan Examination Arrangements [PDF, 0.2MB] – this sets out the arrangements for the examination of the plan.
- Examiner’s Clarification Note [PDF, 0.2MB] – this sets out the examiner’s initial comments on the submitted Plan and sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification from the parish council.
- Fulbourn Parish Council provided responses to the questions asked by the examiner in his clarification note:
The examiner decided that in order to ensure an adequate examination of the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan, it was necessary to hold a hearing on three policies. The hearing took place on 4 July 2022 at the Fulbourn Centre, Home End, Fulbourn. On 25 April 2022, the examiner issued a hearing note [PDF, 0.1MB] setting out the issues to be discussed, the participants invited, and the format and arrangements for the hearing.
The examiner has now completed his examination, and he sent his final Examiner’s Report [PDF, 0.3MB] to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 12 September 2022.