Foxton Neighbourhood Plan
View information for all neighbourhoods on our neighbourhood plans page
The Foxton Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 17MB] was made on 5 August 2021 after a successful referendum which took place on 22 July 2021. The Foxton Neighbourhood Plan as made now forms part of the development plan for South Cambridgeshire. All planning decisions in the neighbourhood area will need to be made in accordance with the development plan that now includes the Neighbourhood Plan, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Neighbourhood area designated by South Cambridgeshire District Council: 17 November 2015
- Pre-submission public consultation (Regulation 14): 15 May to 26 June 2019
- Neighbourhood Plan submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council: 10 February 2020
- Submission public consultation (Regulation 16): 10 March to 28 April 2020. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this consultation was suspended. Resumed 12 January to 23 February 2021.
- Neighbourhood Plan sent for examination: 24 February 2021
- Examiner's Report on Neighbourhood Plan received: 20 April 2021
- Referendum: 22 July 2021
- Neighbourhood Plan made: 5 August 2021
Parish Council website for the neighbourhood plan.
Neighbourhood area designated
On 17 November 2015 the Planning Portfolio Holder designated the Foxton neighbourhood area.
- Application to designate Foxton neighbourhood area [PDF]
- Foxton neighbourhood area designated map [PDF]
Pre-submission public consultation (Regulation 14)
Foxton Parish Council carried out a consultation on its pre-submission Neighbourhood Plan from 15 May to 26 June 2019.
Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement
South Cambridgeshire District Council and Foxton Parish Council have prepared a Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement for the draft Foxton Neighbourhood Plan:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Determination Statement for Foxton Neighbourhood Plan (3 June 2019 - Amended December 2019) [PDF, 2MB]
Submission Public Consultation (Regulation 16)
Foxton Parish Council submitted the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan to South Cambridgeshire District Council on 10 February 2020.
South Cambridgeshire District Council have confirmed that the Neighbourhood Plan complies with all the relevant statutory requirements.
South Cambridgeshire District Council sought your views on the Neighbourhood Plan before it is considered by an examiner, and can proceed towards a referendum.
The consultation ran between 9am 12 January 2021 and 5pm on 23 February 2021.
Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents:
- Foxton Neighbourhood Plan (February 2020) [PDF, 8MB]
- Basic Conditions Statement [PDF, 0.6MB]
- Consultation Statement [PDF, 2MB]
The supporting evidence documents for the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan are available to view on the Foxton Parish Council website. These include:
- Foxton Conservation Area Appraisal 2018
- Foxton Landscape Character Assessment 2017
- Foxton all-household questionnaire results 2017
- Foxton all-household questionnaire results 2018
- Foxton Housing Needs Assessment, AECOM 2017
- Employment survey 2016, updated 2018
- Summary of focus group discussions and school project 2017
- Foxton site assessment and options report, AECOM 2019
- Local Plan Policies relevant to Foxton, South Cambridgeshire District Council 2018
Examination (Regulation 17)
The Foxton Neighbourhood Plan was submitted for examination on 24 February 2021. The independent examiner appointed to carry out the examination was Andrew Freeman.
- Examiner's Clarification Note [PDF] (2 March 2021) - the examiner in this note is setting clarification on several initial procedural matters. Also, he has included a number of preliminary questions for South Cambridgeshire District Council and Foxton Parish Council.
- Foxton Parish Council's response to the Examiner's Clarification Questions [PDF] (11 March 2021)
- Foxton Parish Council's additional comments on representations (11 March 2021) [PDF, 87Kb]
- South Cambridgeshire District Council's response to the Examiner's Clarification Questions [PDF] (12 March 2021)
The Examiner's Report [PDF] for the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan was received by South Cambridgeshire District Council on 20 April 2021.
The referendum on the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan took place on 22 July 2021.
More than half of those voting in the referendum have voted in favour of South Cambridgeshire District Council using the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area.
The following documents are those specified in the Referendum Information Statement [PDF, 1MB].
- The 'Referendum' version of the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 1MB] (including a map of Foxton Neighbourhood Plan area).
- The Examiner's Report on the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan. [PDF]
- The written representations on the submission version of the Foxton Neighbourhood Plan, that were submitted to the independent examiner. [PDF]
- Our decision statement on the receipt of the Examiner's Report and its decision to proceed to referendum [PDF, 10.5MB] (May 2021) (including a statement of satisfaction that the 'For Referendum' version of the Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and is legally compliant).
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and referendum. [PDF, 0.2MB]
Making the Neighbourhood
The Foxton Neighbourhood Plan [PDF, 17MB] was made on 5 August 2021. The Foxton Neighbourhood Plan as made now forms part of the development plan for South Cambridgeshire. All planning decisions in the neighbourhood area will need to be made in accordance with the development plan that now includes the Neighbourhood Plan, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Made (adopted) Decision Statement (5 August 2021) [PDF]
Decision Report Foxton Neighbourhood Plan (5 August 2021)
Tweets by @SouthCambs
By clicking 'consent' you agree to view our Twitter feed embedded in our website.
Twitter will set cookies on your device which you can delete in your browser settings.