New affordable homes in South Cambridgeshire
We are committed to building new homes for Council tenants that are truly affordable to live in. On this page you can find information about where our new homes have been or are being built across a number of developments around the district.
Some of the new homes will be available as affordable rent properties. Once they are complete, you will be to register your interest in these homes via Homelink.
The rest of the new homes will be available through a shared ownership scheme. Even before these homes are complete, they will be advertised privately, and you can register your interest in these homes in advance with Domovo.
All of our new homes are built to high specifications and are energy efficient with double glazed windows. Some homes also have solar panels or are powered by air source heat pumps.
Potential tenants or buyers who have a local connection will be prioritised for all of our new build homes.
Homes being built
Hunters Close, Impington
- We haven't yet completed homes at this development, but there are seven affordable rent homes (six 1-bedroom flats, and one 3- bedroom house) and three shared ownership homes (two 2-bedroom houses and one 3-bedroom house) in the pipeline between now and 2022.
Meridian Fields, Hardwick
- 24 homes are already available and are already tenanted (a mix of 1 - 4-bedroom homes), with eight new shared ownership homes also complete. Six of these are currently being advertised through Domovo (2-bedroom and 3-bedroom), with two homes already reserved.
- By summer 2021 there will be three 2-bedroom affordable rent homes and four 2-bedroom shared ownership homes available.
The Birdlings, Toft
- 11 shared ownership homes have already been completed (2- to 4-bedrooms) and are being advertised through Domovo, 2 of these homes have already been reserved.
- A further 25 homes are planned, all as affordable rent. This includes eight 1-bedroom flats; nine 2-bedroom flats; five 2-bedroom houses; and three 3-bedroom houses.
The Hawthorns, Sawston
- We haven't yet completed homes at this development, but by 2022 there will be 44 affordable rent and 19 shared ownership homes in the pipeline
- The affordable rent homes will include 20 1-bedroom flats; 21 2-bedroom flats; two 3-bedroom houses; and one 4-bedroom house
- Through shared ownership there will be four 1-bedroom flats; 11 2-bedroom flats; three 3-bedroom houses; and one 4-bedroom house.
Burlington Place, Foxton
- Since autumn 2020, we have had six affordable rent homes tenanted (four 1-bedroom maisonettes and two 2-bedroom houses), alongside three shared ownership homes (one 2-bedroom house and two 3-bedroom houses). A 3 bed shared ownership house remains available through Domovo.
Burton End, West Wickham
- Since winter 2020, three affordable rent homes have been tenanted (one 1-bedroom bungalow; one 2-bedroom bungalow; and one 2-bedroom house), alongside one 3-bedroom shared ownership house which has now been sold and occupied.
Larkfields, Great Abington
- 18 new homes completed since summer 2020 - a mixture of affordable rent and shared ownership. All are now occupied
Pembrook Way, Teversham
- Five new affordable rent homes completed in winter 2020, including two 1-bedroom maisonettes; two 2-bedroom houses; and one 1-bedroom bungalow. All are now occupied.
Was this web page helpful?