South Cambridgeshire Logo
My South Cambs:
Sign in or register
White icon - Housing

Apply for housing

Home-link logo

To apply for affordable housing in South Cambridgeshire, you will need to create an application on the Home-Link website. Home-Link is a scheme offering more choice to housing register applicants across South Cambridgeshire and the six neighbouring authorities, which gives you a clear picture of properties available in your area and across the sub-region.

You can apply for a council or housing association home by visiting the Home-Link scheme website.

Housing Register 

man online at home

Once you have completed your application form and supplied the relevant documents to support your application, you will be placed on the housing register.

You will also receive a welcome pack explaining the housing needs band into which you have been placed.

Apply online through the Home-link website.
If you require a printed form you can ask us to send you one by calling 01954 713 000.

What if I need to make a change to my housing application form?

A group of people investigating a contractIf you have a change in circumstances and need to make a change to your application form, please log in to your account, select the “My Details” section, and then click the link to complete a change of circumstances. You are able to update your contact details without completing the form.

Once we have received your revised form, we will carry out a housing needs assessment based on the new circumstances and will contact you if we need any further information.

Examples of some changes of circumstances include, but are not limited to:

  • change of address
  • people joining or leaving the household
  • relationship breakdown
  • any other material change in circumstances which will affect your housing application

For other changes, such as the birth of a child, a change of income/capital, or death of a household member, you will need to send copies of supporting documents.

Please address all post to the Home-Link Team and quote your Home Link reference.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact us.

Local Lettings Plans

Local lettings plans are used to help create balanced and mixed communities, usually on developments where a large number of homes will be allocated at one time. 

If you would like to bid on a property with a local lettings plan in place, please read the relevant plan below before you bid. It will usually state on the advert that a local lettings policy applies. 

Upper Cambourne 950 - Local lettings plan [PDF, 0.1MB]

Cambridge Southern Fringe - Local lettings plan [PDF, 0.1MB]

Marleigh Phase 1a and 1b - Local lettings plan  [PDF, 0.2MB]