General Election 2019
Nominations for the parliamentary election in the South Cambridgeshire constituency have now closed. A statement of the candidates standing validly nominated can be viewed below.
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll
- Situation of Polling Stations
- Notice of Election Agents
- Notice of Election
Candidates for the South East Cambridgeshire constituency can be found on the East Cambridgeshire District Council website.
South Cambridgeshire parliamentary constituency result
An election to elect a Member of Parliament for the South Cambridgeshire constituency took place on Thursday 12 December 2019. Polling stations are now closed. Votes have been counted and Anthony Howe Browne has been elected as Member of Parliament for the South Cambridgeshire constituency.
|Name of candidate||Description||Number of votes recorded|
|Anthony Howe Browne||The Conservative Party Candidate||31,015|
|Ian Fraser Sollom||Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit||28,111|
|Dan Greef||Labour Party||7,803|
How to register
The deadline to register to vote in this election was Tuesday 26 November, 11.59pm.
- Friday 8 November, 10am: Receipt of nominations opens
- Thursday 14 November, 4pm: Close of nominations
- Tuesday 26 November, 5pm: Apply for a postal vote - the Elections team must receive your postal vote application by 5pm on Tuesday 26.
- Tuesday 26 November, 11.59pm: Apply to register to vote
- Wednesday 4 December, 5pm: Apply for a proxy vote (where someone votes on your behalf)
Sawston Parish Council by-election
Nominations are now closed. One candidate has been elected unopposed.
EU Parliamentary Election
The EU Parliamentary election was held on Thursday 23 May.
The Eastern Region totals for the European Parliamentary elections can be viewed on the Chelmsford City Council website.
The South Cambridgeshire local totals are:
|The Brexit Party||13,174|
|Conservative and Unionist Party||4,685|
|Change UK - The Independent Group||3,906|
|UK Independence Party (UKIP)||1,018|
|Csordas, Attila - Independent||102|
Rejected ballot papers: 346
Great Shelford Parish By-Election, Milton Parish and Stapleford Parish Elections
The above parish elections was held on 2 May.
Nominations are now closed.
Great Shelford went to poll on 2 May. Declaration of Result
Was this web page helpful?