Parish Council guidance and information
Parish Council Code of Conduct
- Declaration of Acceptance of Office [PDF]
- Model Code of Conduct (2020) [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Register of Members Interests guidance on disclosable pecuniary interests [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Guidance note on registering interests [PDF]
- Parish register of interests form [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Government guidance on personal interests [PDF]
- Letter from Bob Neill to Councils [PDF]
Please note that the original register of interests and any subsequent updates must be sent to the Monitoring Officer at the District Council, with a copy held locally by the parish clerk. We will do regular audits of the registers held and contact parish clerks about any registers which have not been received, although parish councillors bear the ultimate responsibility to ensure that their registers of interest are sent to the Monitoring Officer.
See complaints about councillor conduct for details on how to complain about the conduct of one of our councillors.
The Localism Act provides that Parish Councils should now grant their own dispensations to any parish councillor with a disclosable pecuniary interest. The District Council has prepared a guidance note for parishes on what to do, along with a template dispensation request form for parish councils to adapt and use.
About Local Councils
Visit National Association of Local Councils (NALC), the national body representing the interests of 10,000 local (parish and town) councils and 100,000 councillors.
Was this web page helpful?