Complaints about councillor conduct

Code of Conduct Complaints Process

If you wish to complain about the conduct of a member of South Cambridgeshire District Council or a member of a town or parish council in South Cambridgeshire you may submit a complaint in writing (with supporting evidence) to:- 

The Monitoring Officer
South Cambridgeshire District Council
South Cambridgeshire Hall
Cambourne Business Park
CB23 6EA 

or via email to In your complaint you should set out in full ( attaching evidence as appropriate) why you think a member has not followed the Code of Conduct.

Please note the Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member and cannot receive complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct, such as maladministration. 

The Council will consider the complaint in line with the criteria and process detailed in the complaints procedure and appendices:

Please note that if your complaint relates to a Town or Parish Councillor, then you should make a complaint to the relevant Town or Parish Council in the first instance. 

The Council’s Civic Affairs Committee has oversight of complaints regarding councillors and details about this committee can be found at:


Advice from the Ombudsman

Visit the Local Government Ombudsman website for advice about making a complaint.

Independent Advice

Contact Details

03450 450 500