Ukraine Small Grants Application Form and information
Ukraine Small Grant applications are being accepted from Thursday 7 July 2022 until Friday 31 March 2023.
What is the aim of this funding?
As part of the Council’s Support for Ukraine programme, we have set up a Grant Scheme to promote the integration of Ukrainian guests into the South Cambs community. This will help fund activities, events and projects being run by a range of Parish Councils, community groups and even hosts.
Applicants will need to complete a short form and demonstrate that their activity promotes integration and reduces social isolation. We want to reach out to the community to encourage activities and ideas that help Ukrainian guests meet and socialise, learn English, get creative and generally have fun.
Perhaps you want to run an art class and need materials, or an English class and need books and stationery. You might like to host a gathering, cook together, or take a group of Ukrainian guests on a trip into Cambridge to see the sights. Maybe you have ideas to help Ukrainian guests develop skills for work, or want to provide them with emotional support, or support to socialise with their host community. Perhaps you simply want to enable them to enjoy their stay here and have fun.
Who can apply?
An applicant might be:
- A Parish Council
- Community group (constituted and with a bank account)
- Informal group (with the written support of their Parish Council or District Councillor/s for the project)
- Host (with the written support of their Parish Council or District Councillor/s for the project) providing the idea has a reach beyond their own guest
Apply for a Ukraine small grant
What can you apply for?
- Up to £300 grant to be awarded per activity / event / project
- The grant would cover the cost of such things as venue hire, equipment, transport, instructor time, refreshments – whatever helps you make it happen!
- Quotes welcome but not necessary – just a breakdown of anticipated costs
What you can’t apply for:
- Activities that charge a fee
- Activities that generate profits for private gain
- Items which only benefit individuals, rather than groups (for example: bursaries and equipment that is not shared)
- Activities promoting political activities or religious belief
- Activity that has already happened. Funding cannot be used retrospectively to pay for things that have already been delivered, however you can use it to fund further provision of activities you have already started
- Extending activity that is already funded through contracts by South Cambridgeshire district Council.
In recognition that some organisations may not be used to submitting bids for funding there is support available from Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service who are well placed to offer local voluntary organisations a range of support, advice and information on matters concerning funding bids. Please call 01223 464 696 or email email@example.com
Tweets by @SouthCambs
By clicking 'consent' you agree to view our Twitter feed embedded in our website.
Twitter will set cookies on your device which you can delete in your browser settings.