We are proud to be green to our core and we encourage businesses in our region to reduce their carbon and increase their sustainability through recycling, energy saving and water reduction schemes.
The following are available to help you reduce costs and improve the energy efficiency and sustainability of your business:
- Our Climate Emergency Toolkit has lots of advice and guidance to help businesses, communities and individuals reduce their energy use, waste and carbon emissions
- The Allia Future Business Centre run free business support programmes to help entrepreneurs get their ideas off the ground, help start-ups to grow and scale, and help ventures to create positive impact in social and environmental innovation
- Cambridge Carbon Footprint offer a range of advice and resources to support businesses to shift move towards net zero
- The Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership's Centre for Business Transformation develops new thinking and solutions to enable business to play a transformative role towards a sustainable economy
- The Carbon Trust can help businesses put cost-saving energy efficiency strategies into practice, with finance and implementation support to make energy efficiency easy
The Chambers of Commerce Net Zero Hub signposts businesses to free online resources such as practical guides, tools and real-life insights to help accelerate your net zero journey and improve energy efficiency.
- Community Energy England lists details of a wide range of funding opportunities relevant to community energy organisations. The latest additions to the page are shown first
The Eastern New Energy Project offers free business support to SMEs in Cambridgeshire that wish to reduce their energy consumption and carbon footprint. This includes building energy assessments, advice on switching to electric vehicles and grants for energy efficient equipment
The Energy Saving Trust supports businesses of all sizes to enable them to play their part in building a sustainable, energy efficient future. They provide support and advice for businesses
The Energy Technology List is a government list of energy efficient plant and machinery. It features products such as boilers, electric motors, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
The Institute of Directors’ Sustainable Business Hub supports Directors in the adoption and management of sustainability policies and provides information, value and support to members in relation to Corporate Social Responsibility issues and practices
Investors in the Environment is a national environmental accreditation scheme. It is designed to help organisations save time and money, reduce their impact on the environment, and get promoted for their green credentials
PECT is an environmental charity that aims to make places better for people and the planet. They provide a range of information, including funding sources for sustainable projects
- Planet Mark is a Business Certification that recognises commitment to continuous improvement; measuring and reducing a business' carbon emissions, energy and water consumption, travel and waste
- Small Business Britain is offering a free Sustainability Programme to give entrepreneurs the basics they need to supercharge their sustainability planning, reduce their impact on the planet, and turn their sustainability plans into fantastic commercial advantage. The course will run for 6 weeks starting on the 6 September
- Smart Energy GB is the UK Government-backed campaign for a smarter Britain. They work to help you understand smart meters and their rollout across England, Scotland and Wales
- The UK Business Climate Hub is a Government partnership with businesses and climate groups helping businesses commit to cutting their carbon emissions in half by 2030 and reach ‘net zero’ by 2050
- Waterwise is an independent, not for profit organisation focused on decreasing water consumption in the UK and building the evidence base for large-scale water efficiency. Provides information and assistance to households, businesses, the media and the government
- WRAP works to help businesses reap the benefits of reducing waste, developing sustainable products and using resources in an efficient way. They currently focus on the food and drink, hospitality and food service, agriculture, textiles and electrical sectors
- The Government’s waste and environmental impact pages provide advice and tools to help businesses comply with legislation and regulations
- We have information about some low carbon grants on our Grants and funding page
Was this web page helpful?