Business networking and events
Business networking can provide you with the opportunity to share expertise and knowledge, find suppliers, collaborate, market your business and build new skills. This can happen through networking groups or attending events.
Business support events and webinars
We offer a series of free to attend webinars that provide a chance for local businesses to engage with Council services and develop skills to help you run your business successfully.
How to tender for Council contracts
Local authorities outsource a number of goods and services, be that building services, catering or IT. How do they decide which supplier to contract, and how can local businesses, especially smaller ones, win bids for these contracts? We are running a series of free webinars offering businesses a chance to learn how to successfully tender for Council contracts. Our next event is on Tuesday 28 September at 2pm.
Meet the Business Support TeamBusinesses have faced unprecedented challenges over the last 18 months and uncertain times still lie ahead. The Business Support Team are here to help you access the services you need to grow your business.
We are holding a free to attend drop in session from 12:30pm to 2:30pm on 20 October to meet us and find out who we are and how we can help you. Email us to arrange an appointment if you have a specific issue you want to talk to us about.
The last few months have been a difficult time to run a business and people’s mental health has suffered as a result. We are running a series of free events exploring how to look after yourself as well as your business.
Whatever the size of your business, everyone needs help sometimes.
8 December, 1-2pm
12 January, 12-1pm
Mental health and wellbeing
'What has gone before'
Resilience, adversity and recovery
Acceptance and survival.
Mental health and wellbeing
'What you do next that counts'
Resilience, positivity and aspiration
Acceptance and awareness.
Other local business events
Upcoming business events in the Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire area can be found on the following websites and we include a list of interesting local events in our Open For Business newsletter.
General business networking
- Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce holds free informal networking evenings and training opportunities at a range of venues across the county. They have also launched a Championing Business initiative to create a community of local champions from businesses to help foster individual and collective growth and forge cohesive working partnerships and engagement within local areas.
- Cambridge Network is a cross-sector membership organisation that brings people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration for greater success.
- Cambridge 100 is one of Cambridge's longest-established business clubs where entrepreneurs, innovators, and professionals come together over quarterly dinners and listen to renowned business leaders.
- At Drive Networking events local successful business owners share their experience of growing a business in an informative environment.
Networking for small businesses
- Members of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) in Greater Cambridge meet for FSB Connect on the second Tuesday of every month at South Cambridgeshire Hall in Cambourne.
- CamJelly is a casual co-working event, where freelancers, home workers and people running small businesses meet up in order to get out of their normal space, meet some new people and work in a social environment.
Village business networking
- Gamlingay Business Hub is a new networking group for businesses in and around Gamlingay. If you would like to find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Histon and Impington Business Network meet at the Geographer café in Histon on the first Thursday of every month to network in a casual and relaxed environment.
- Melbourn Business Association is a vibrant networking group that meet monthly at Sheene Mill in Melbourn when possible
Sector specific networking
- Cambridge Cleantech is a network organisation supporting the growth of sustainable, ‘clean technology’ companies in the United Kingdom.
- Cambridge Wireless is a leading international network for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, internet, semiconductor and software technologies.
- One Nucleus is a life sciences and healthcare membership organisation based in Cambridge. Their support for businesses includes running at least 15 network meetings each year.
Women's business networking
- The Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce Inspiring Women brings professional women together to share ideas and experiences in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Cambridge Women in Business meets monthly in Cambridge.
- Cambridge AWiSE is a regional network for women in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) in both industry and academia.
- The Enterprising Women Cambridge Business Club meets to build relationships, learn from others and share experiences.
- The Athena Network is a networking, training and development business club for female executives and entrepreneurs which meets regularly in Wyboston.
- Alternative networking events can be found on the Meetup website.
Was this web page helpful?