Business networking and events
Business networking can provide you with the opportunity to share expertise and knowledge, find suppliers, collaborate, market your business and build new skills. This can happen through joining networking groups or by attending events.
Business support events and webinars
We offer a series of free-to-attend events and webinars that provide a chance for local businesses to engage with our services and learn skills to help businesses develop and grow.
Webinar: Self-care and wellbeing
Mental health is among the leading cause of workplace absence, whatever size of business. During difficult times, we all need help to keep going.
We are hosting a series of webinars helping local business owners, employers and managers understand and manage both theirs, and their employees', mental health during these difficult financial times.
On 27 June, inspirational speaker Nick Elston shares his lived experience as he explores how self-care isn't selfish, it's crucial.
Watch Nick explain more in the webinar trailer.
Register for your FREE place on the Self-care and wellbeing webinar
Webinar: How to do business with the council
These days, local authorities outsource a number of services, be that building services, catering, printing or IT. How do they decide which supplier to contract, and how can local businesses, especially smaller ones, win bids for these contracts?
We are committed to supporting local businesses and encourage local businesses to bid for, and win, public sector business. Run by our Procurement Officer, using real life examples, this is an opportunity to understand the process of tendering for local government contracts.
Sign up for this practical, interactive online session and learn:
- How to find open tenders
- How to sell to local government
- Using the right language
- What is social value and why is it important?
- Is this the right business strategy for you?
Register for your free webinar place
Previous webinar recordings
If you missed any of our previous webinars, the recordings are available below:
- Grief and loss, 25 May 2023
- Resilience 101, 18 April 2023
- Mental health and financial wellbeing, 23 March 2023
- Why reducing your carbon makes business sense, 22 February 2023
- How to attract and retain the best people for your jobs, 15 June 2022
- Making your business greener, 25 February 2022
- How can your business make Cambridgeshire safer and more inclusive for all? 26 January 2022
Other local business events
- Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
- Cambridge Network
- Department for International Trade
- Eastern Academic Health Network
- Federation of Small Businesses
- The Growth Hub
- Growth Works
Alternative networking events can be found on the Meetup website.
We include a list of interesting local events and webinars in our Business Support newsletter. You can subscribe to our newsletter via our online form.
General business networking
- Black Business Network is the home of black business owners and start-up entrepreneurs, designed to strengthen business connections, financing and knowledge.
- Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce holds free informal networking events and training opportunities at a range of venues across the county.
- Cambridge Network is a cross-sector membership organisation that brings people together - from business and academia - to meet each other and share ideas, encouraging collaboration for greater success.
- Cambridge 100 is one of Cambridge's longest-established business clubs, where entrepreneurs, innovators, and professionals come together over quarterly dinners and listen to renowned business leaders.
Sector specific networking
- Cambridge Cleantech is a network organisation supporting the growth of sustainable, ‘clean technology’ companies in the United Kingdom.
- Cambridge Wireless is a leading international network for companies involved in the research, development and application of wireless and mobile, Internet, semiconductor and software technologies.
- Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce has a number of sector specific groups including: construction, HR and IT.
- One Nucleus is a life sciences and healthcare membership organisation based in Cambridge. Their support for businesses includes running at least 15 network meetings each year.
The Smart Manufacturing Alliance is a dedicated sector network for manufacturers across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. They work with members and partners, opening up new opportunities to unlock innovation and R&D projects, power new collaborations, and strengthen competitive edge.
Women's business networking
- The Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce Inspiring Women brings professional women together to share ideas and experiences in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- Women In Business Network meetings are a great way of meeting like-minded business women.
- Cambridge AWiSE is a regional network for women in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM), in both industry and academia.
- The Enterprising Women Cambridge Business Club meets to build relationships, learn from others and share experiences.
- The Athena Network is a networking, training and development business club for women executives and entrepreneurs.
Networks for underrepresented groups
- FSB’s Business Without Barriers hub features inspiring interviews with successful disabled entrepreneurs and personal accounts from employers who are helping to break down barriers to employment.
- Hatch Enterprise supports underrepresented business founders, such as: women, disabled entrepreneurs and/or founders from an ethnic minority. They help to create, launch and grow sustainable and impactful businesses through tailored programmes.
- Let’s Grow Business Together is a LGBT+ business hub. They offer free resources, interviews, advice, and networking events for LGBT+ small business owners and employers, who look to make their workplace more inclusive.
Tweets by @SouthCambs
By clicking 'consent' you agree to view our Twitter feed embedded in our website.
Twitter will set cookies on your device which you can delete in your browser settings.