Report a missed collection
We aim to collect all bins on schedule, however occasionally we do miss some.
Please check our service announcement page to see, if we have not been able to visit your street for any reason.
If we miss your bin collection we can return to empty the bin if all of the following criteria have been met:
- The bin or sack was placed out by 6:00am on the day of collection
- The normal collection point was used
- Access to the bin was clear (e.g. in the case of assisted collections, the gate was unlocked)
- The bin was correctly used and the crew have not issued an advice card to you about a problem. Please check our What goes in which bin page.
- There was no issue recorded by the collection crew e.g. contamination, bin too heavy or too full, excessive waste, bin was frozen, etc.
- We receive the report of the missed collection on time, 3:30pm the day after collection.
Please check our online calendar to find your bin collection day.
Reporting a missed bin collection
- You cannot report your bin has been missed until after 3.30pm on your collection day.
- However please let us know by 3.30pm the day after your scheduled collection.
This deadline is necessary for us to process and schedule the work in a timely manner and ensure we can return to you as quickly as possible.
If we've missed your bin collection
We ask residents to report their bins within 24 hours of their collection because we always aim to go back to collect missed bins within 2 working days after the scheduled collection. If your missed bin does not get reported within this time frame, unfortunately we would not have crews in the areas until the next scheduled collection.
|Day your bin was missed||When we need to receive the report||When your bin should be scheduled for recollection|
|Missed on Monday||Report between 3:30pm Monday and 3:30pm Tuesday||Collected by Wednesday evening|
|Missed on Tuesday||Report between 3:30pm on Tuesday and 3:30pm on Wednesday||Collected by Thursday evening|
|Missed on Wednesday||Report between 3:30pm on Wednesday and 3:30pm on Thursday||Collected by Friday evening|
|Missed on Thursday||Report between 3:30pm on Thursday and 3:30pm on Friday||Collected by Monday evening|
|Missed on Friday||Report between 3:30pm on Friday and 3:30pm on Monday||Collected by Tuesday evening|
|Missed on Saturday||Report between 3:30pm on Saturday and 3:30pm on Monday||Collected by Tuesday evening|
Incorrect use of bins
If we are unable to empty a bin because the wrong items have been put into it, the crew will leave a card notifying you about the reason for non-collection.
In those circumstances the wrong items should be removed from the bin and we will empty it on the next scheduled collection.
Check what goes in which bin.
Disruptions to our service
Occasionally there are unscheduled disruptions to our service. This can be due to adverse weather, accidents and road works.
This type of disruption will be reported on the service announcements page.
In these circumstances, please leave your bin out for collection and we will return as soon as possible to empty it.
If you are Greater Cambridge commercial waste customer and would like to report a commercial missed bin, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01954 713496.
Was this web page helpful?