Report a missed collection
We aim to collect all bins on schedule, however occasionally we do miss some.
Please check our service announcement page to see, if we have not been able to visit your street for any reason.
If we miss your bin collection we can return to empty the bin if all of the following criteria have been met:
- The bin or sack was placed out by 6:00am on the correct day
- The normal collection point was used
- Access to the bin was clear (e.g. in the case of assisted collections, the gate was unlocked)
- The bin was correctly used and the crew have not issued an advice card to you about a problem. Please check our What goes in which bin page.
- There was no issue recorded by the collection crew e.g. contamination, bin too heavy or too full, excessive waste, bin was frozen, etc.
- We receive the report of the missed collection on time, as required below.
Please check our online calendar to find your bin collection day.
Reporting a missed bin collection...
- You must report that your bin has been missed after 3.30pm on your collection day.
- However please let us know by 3.30pm the day after your scheduled collection.
This deadline is necessary for us to process and schedule the work in a timely manner and ensure we can return to you as quickly as possible.
If we've missed your bin collection
If we have accidentally missed your bin, we will return to collect it within two working days of the scheduled collection day as follows:
Missed on Mon – Report between 3:30pm Mon and 3:30pm Tues – Collected by Wednesday evening.
Missed on Tues – Report between 3:30pm Tue and 3:30pm Wed – Collected by Thursday evening.
Missed on Wed – Report between 3:30pm Wed and 3:30pm Thurs – Collected by Friday evening.
Missed on Thurs – Report between 3:30pm Thurs and 3:30pm Fri – Collected by Monday evening.
Missed on Fri – Report between 3:30pm Fri and 3:30pm Mon – Collected by Tuesday evening.
Missed on Saturday – Report between 3:30pm Sat and 3:30pm Mon – Collected by Tuesday evening.
Incorrect use of bins
If we are unable to empty a bin because the wrong items have been put into it, the crew will leave a card notifying you about the reason for non-collection.
In those circumstances the wrong items should be removed from the bin and we will empty it on the next scheduled collection.
You can check here what goes in which bin.
Disruptions to our service
Occasionally there are unscheduled disruptions to our service. This can be due to adverse weather, accidents and road works.
This type of disruption will be reported on the service announcements page.
In these circumstances, please leave your bin out for collection and we will return as soon as possible to empty it.
Was this web page helpful?