Bin collection service announcements
This page contains all bin collection service announcements regarding residents’ bin collections. Please check below to see if your street name is listed as a missed collection. If your village/street is not on the list, please check our bin collection calendar to find your collection date. If your bin should have been collected but hasn’t, please report this using our online form by 3.30pm the following day and we will come back within 2 working days.
Thursday 13 February 2020: Advice on positioning bins ahead of Storm DennisAccording to the Met Office, Thursday and Friday will see spells of heavy rain, strong winds and further snow for parts of the UK with several severe weather warnings in force, before Storm Dennis brings further very wet and windy weather this weekend.
- Try and keep the time your wheelie bins are left out to a minimum. Put them out as late as you can on your collection day. Bins need to be put out by 6am on your collection day
- Where possible, place bins next to hedges or walls to maximise shelter from strong winds
- Place bins in 'banks' next to your neighbour's bins as this can help prevent them from tipping over
- Where possible, try to place bins so they are easily visible and accessible for our crews, but not right next to the road
- Please be a vigilant, friendly neighbour and keep an eye out for any bins that have been tipped over by strong winds or are isolated
- After your bin has been emptied, please retrieve it and store it securely in a garage, shed or garden as soon as possible
Was this web page helpful?