Community governance review for Thriplow
Thriplow Parish Council is made up of two parish wards, Thriplow village ward and Heathfield ward, which each have their own characteristics and are geographically separate. The Parish Council is keen to ensure that all residents feel involved in the community and in local decision-making and that they are engaged with the work of the Parish Council. To this end, the Parish Council requested a Community Governance Review to:
- consider the number of parish councillors representing each parish ward, to more accurately reflect the numbers in the electorate of each parish ward and;
- consider changing the name of the parish to include both wards.
A Community Governance Review was conducted from 31 January 2020 to 8 March 2020 – please refer to the Terms of Reference for further details Terms of Reference.
56 people in total made submissions with the majority supporting both the proposed change in ward representation and the proposed parish name change. A report on the submissions received was presented to Civic Affairs Committee and Full Council with both committees supporting the findings of the review. Please follow the links below to find reports to and decisions made by:
In accordance with section 82 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, a re-organisation order has been submitted to the following effect:
- The number of Councillors to be elected for the Parish of Thriplow and Heathfield shall be 9 in total of which 5 shall be from the Thriplow village ward and 4 shall be from the Heathfield ward. (This change will take place on 1 April 2022 in time for Parish Council elections in May 2022.)
- The parish of Thriplow shall be named the Parish of Thriplow and Heathfield from 1 April 2021.
The Reorganisation Order is a legal document signed and sealed by South Cambridgeshire District Council. We are working hard to ensure everyone has equal access to documents on our website. To ensure that is the case an accessible text only version of this document and associated map are provided. We have provided instructions on how to access a sign and sealed version of the Reorganisation Order if required.
There are 2 alternative ways you can view a hard copy of the Re-organisation Order:
- By booking an appointment at our Offices. When completing the booking form – please tick ‘Other’ for the department you would like to visit and in the notes/description section advise that you would like to read the Thriplow Re-organisation Order available at Reception.
- By emailing Duty.firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that a hard copy is posted to you.
Was this web page helpful?