Local Energy Advice Partnership
The Council has partnered with LEAP (the Local Energy Advice Partnership), which offers a free energy advice service for our residents, offering:
- energy saving advice
- debt advice
- free LED bulbs, radiator panels and draught proofing (including fitting for disabled customers)
- help to understand tariffs and meters, and to find the cheapest energy tariffs (saving an average £250 per year)
- referrals for funding for home improvements such as loft insulation (even in rented accommodation we can partially fund improvements)
- free replacement fridges, freezers, washing machines and electric cookers (if over nine years old and broken, through the HEART scheme)
- to register residents for a Warm Home Discount (£140 off their electricity bill), a Social Water Tariff, and Priority Services Register.
The service is available to anyone that either is already in, or is at risk of falling into fuel poverty. It is open to all types of householders – homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants. You can check the eligibility criteria on the LEAP website.
For more information visit the LEAP website or call 0800 060 7567.
Was this web page helpful?