Action on Energy
Do you want to reduce your energy bills?
Through our Action on Energy scheme, run in partnership with neighbouring councils, we provide grants to help households install energy efficiency improvements and low carbon heating.
The grants are available for homeowners and private landlords that meet both of the following criteria:
- Homeowners or tenants on certain means-tested benefits (see ‘eligible benefits’ below) or with a total household income of less than £34,500 before tax or other deductions
- The property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating is E, F or G (grants for a limited number of D properties are also available).
- Check your EPC rating – contact us if you don’t have one
For homeowners, the grant will cover 100% of the cost of improvements.
For landlords, the grant will cover two-thirds of the cost of the improvements, with the landlord expected to cover the outstanding amount.
The maximum amount of grant available depends on the way the property is heated and its current EPC rating. The maximum ranges from £10,000 to £25,000 for homeowners, and £5,000 to £16,666 for landlords.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, our Trustmark-registered installer will visit your property to assess whether we could install any of the following improvements:
- Cavity wall insulation
- External or internal wall insulation
- Loft insulation (or top-up)
- Party wall insulation (between you and your neighbour)
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Flat room insulation
If funds allow, in addition to any insulation work, we will also consider installing measures including:
- Photovoltaic solar panels for electricity
- Renewable heating or hot-water systems, such as heat pumps
The work will be done by our contracted installer, Aran Services Ltd., working to a new quality standard for the retrofit industry.
Register your interest in the scheme here and we will get our installer to contact you.