Tenant Community Grants
What is a Tenant Community Grant?
A Tenant Community Grant helps fund a project, by up to £1000, that benefits the local community. We look to fund at least six projects a year.
The application is easy and can be filled out by the project organiser for the group.
These grants offer up to £1,000 to be used for things such as:
- gardening equipment
- community gardens or benches
- updating communal rooms
- organising local events
Previous grants have funded:
- Benches, planters, seeds, and gardening supplies for a community garden
- New blinds and equipment for communal rooms
- Funding for a monthly film night
- Equipment and supplies to start a weekly games club (including badminton, indoor carpet bowls, and table tennis)
How can I apply for a Tenant Community Grant?
First, consult with your neighbours and other local residents to get support for your project. It's also a good idea to talk to your housing officer about your plans. Once you have a plan ready for your community project, complete an application form, detailing:
- How much you are applying for (up to a maximum of £1,000)
- A description of the project
- A photo of the area, a plan, or a sketch of what you want to do
- How your project will benefit local residents
- How the project will be managed, and who will maintain it.