Report a death of a tenant

We would like to offer our condolences for your loss. We appreciate that during this difficult time informing relevant departments and authorities should be as simple and efficient as possible.

We have listed below several forms we have available to assist you in informing the necessary departments.

Tell Us Once Form

This is a government hosted form that will be sent to various departments within South Cambridgeshire District Council and other government authorities including HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

Government Tell Us Once form

Once relevant departments receive this form you will then be contacted further, should any other matters need to take place, such as a termination of a tenancy.

If you are a council tenant and are wanting to inform us that a joint tenant at your address has died please use this Tell Us Once Form, and a member of the housing team will contact you.


Notify us to terminate a tenancy

If a tenant has died and there are no remaining occupants at their Council owned property, then their tenancy will need to be terminated.

This can be done by completing an online form which gives relevant information regarding the date the tenancy would end and the process. This form goes directly to the housing department and a housing officer will contact you in due course.

Please note – should you complete the Tell Us Once Form this does not give notice on a council property and so you may still be requested to complete this additional form either online or via post.

Notify us of a terminated tenancy

Was this web page helpful?

Feedback form

Your feedback
Do you require feedback from a member of the team?
Your details