How safe is South Cambridgeshire?
South Cambridgeshire is one of the safest areas in the country to live.
- A 2020 survey of South Cambridgeshire residents showed 35% of respondents had not experienced any situation in the past 12 months that had made them feel unsafe.
- 66% of residents surveyed said that issues their community faced had not got worse, even during the early days of the pandemic.
- 70% felt as safe or safer than they had in 2019.
- Excluding COVID-19, the top three issues for residents were anti-social behaviour, traffic/vehicle-related issues, and burglary.
- Most people agreed there were low levels of crime or anti-social behaviour.
- Over half the residents surveyed said they believed local partner agencies were appropriately tackling the issues that matter to them and their community.
- 14% of South Cambridgeshire residents said that they were concerned about the potential of being burgled
- In 2020 only 3.7% of residents were victims of burglary in South Cambridgeshire.
It's easy to find crime statistics for your area, along with local news and advice about the issues in your community.