Major IT issue

Thank you for your patience whilst IT have been resolving the problems. The majority of our systems are now back online and IT are working hard to resolve the final few.

Nearly all problems have been resolved, although customers may still get a "delivery failure" reply if emailing a Council department.

You can still carry out most transactions on our website. If you need to contact us by phone and your call is urgent we will try to help you. If your call is not urgent please contact us in the latter half of next week as we anticipate the first half of the week to be extremely busy.

We apologise for any inconvenience while we work to resolve this problem.

Aids and Adaptations to your home

Aids and Adaptations to your home

Do you need some adaptations to make your home life easier?

If you or someone you know or care for needs some adaptations to their home, you can request an assessment.

All works required will need to have an Occupational Therapist’s (OT’s) referral. 

You can request a referral through Cambridgeshire County Council - email or call 03450 455 202. 

Aids and adaptations assessment

An occupational therapist will carry out the aids and adaptations assessment over the phone or by visiting you.  

Some referrals will be passed to our occupational therapist, to complete the assessment.

If you are a leaseholder, your adaptations will usually be dealt with by the Cambridgeshire Home Improvement Agency.

However, you will still need to have an occupational therapist's recommendations through the avenues above.

An OT may visit you at your property to complete an assessment. 
They will provide advice, and may provide equipment and recommendations on adaptations.

Aids and adaptations recommendations

The OT will send their recommendations on suggested adaptations to our Aids and Adaptations Project Manager, who will then arrange the work to be carried out.

Adaptation equipment that an OT can directly order includes:

  • Shower boards
  • toilet frames
  • bed rails
  • minor works adaptations (recommended by an OT) including:
    grab rails
    half step
  • major adaptations (recommended by an OT) can include:
    over bath shower
    doorway widening.

Major adaptations - we always discuss the option to move you to a more suitable property before carrying out major adaptations.

Was this web page helpful?