Zero Carbon Strategy
Our Zero Carbon Strategy was adopted on 21 May 2020. It outlines how we are supporting the district to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and reduce them to zero by 2050, including delivering a reduction in our own carbon footprint of at least 45% by 2025, (on a 2019 baseline), and at least 75% by 2030.
The sources used in the document are:
- Greater Cambridge Sustainable Design and Construction Supplementary Planning Document
- Greater Cambridge Local Plan consultation
- Cambridge University Science and Policy Exchange- Net Carbon Cambridgeshire
- UK Local Authority and regional carbon dioxide emissions national statistics 2005 to 2017
- Renewable energy planning database, December 2019
- Committee on climate change net zero- the UK's contribution to stopping global warming
Was this web page helpful?