The deal agreed between government and Greater Cambridge allows Greater Cambridge to maintain and grow its status as a prosperous economic area. It will:
- create an infrastructure investment fund
- speed up the development of 33,480 planned homes and allow 1,000 extra new homes to be built
- create more than 400 new apprenticeships for young people
- provide £1 billion of local and national public sector investment, enabling an estimated £4 billion of private sector investment in the Greater Cambridge area
- create 45,000 new jobs
- create a governance arrangement for joint decision making between the local councils
For more information visit Greater Cambridge Partnership.