Compliments, complaints and suggestions
Our customer service standards
Putting service first
If you 'phone us we will:
- resolve your enquiry as quickly as possible
- provide Voicemail if the person you need is unavailable
- answer your 'phone message within three working days
If you write to us we will reply to your letter or email within 10 working days
If we write to you we will:
- write in plain language
- arrange for translation, large type, braille or audio tapes upon request
If we visit you we will:
- carry identification that you can check with a phone call to our contact service on 03450 450500
- arrive at the time we say we will, or give you as much notice as possible if we have to change the time
If we get it wrong we will:
- apologise if we have made a mistake or failed to meet our standards;
- acknowledge your written complaint within 3 working days
- reply in full to your complaint within 10 working days
We welcome all feedback, whether it’s a compliment, complaint or just a comment, we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to offer some feedback you can do so in the following ways:
- by filling in our simple and quick online contact us form:
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone on 03450 450 500 (Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm)
- by visiting us in person (Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm)
How to complain
Complain about a planning decision or application
View the Greater Cambridge Shared Planning service complaints guidance on where to send your comments.
Report a service issue
- Report a missed bin collection
- Report envirocrime (abandoned vehicles, bonfires, dog fouling, fly posting and graffiti)
- Report envirocrime waste (fly-tipping, litter and street cleaning)
- Report antisocial behaviour, pollution, dogs, sewerage, street cleaning and housing environmental issues
- Report a waste service complaint (not missed bin collections)
- Report an issue with a licensed driver, vehicle or operator
- Report a food business issue
- Report a licence holder, licensed business or licensed premises issue
If your issue is not listed above, please complete our online complaints form. To report a complaint, you must have a My South Cambs account. This allows you and us to track the progress of your complaint.
You will need to tell us what your complaint is about and how this has affected you. You will also need to tell us why you are not happy with us.
What will happen in Stage 1?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days.
- Your complaint will be passed to the appropriate manager and you can expect a reply within 10 working days.
- If your complaint needs further investigation and cannot be responded to fully within 10 working days you will be informed of the expected response time.
- If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint you can request to escalate it to stage two.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the response to your complaint you can complain directly to the Local Government Ombudsman.
Our complaints process
We hope to resolve your initial complaint at the first stage of the process. The service manager from the relevant area will handle the investigation and work hard to resolve the issue promptly.
If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, then you can request that the complaint be passed to the Head of Service. In this case, you will receive a response within 20 working days of your request being received.
If your complaint is a Housing complaint at any stage during your complaint you can ask for a designated persons assistance to help resolve your complaint with the Housing Service. They can try to assist you in resolving the complaint or they can refer the complaint straight to the Housing Ombudsman.
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome, then you can complain directly to the Local Government Ombudsman, or the Housing Ombudsman for Housing related complaints. The ombudsman investigates complaints made regarding injustices which arise following poor administration by local authorities.
Was this web page helpful?