Compliments, complaints and suggestions

We welcome all feedback, whether it’s a compliment, complaint or just a comment, we would like to hear from you. 

If you would like to offer some feedback you can do so in the following ways: 

  • by filling in our simple and quick online contact us form:

Online contact us form

  • by telephone on 03450 450 500 (Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm) 
  • by writing to:

Customer Feedback
South Cambridgeshire District Council
South Cambridgeshire Hall
Cambourne Business Park
CB23 6EA

  •  by visiting us in person (Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm) 

How to complain

If your issue is not listed above, please complete our online complaints form. To report a complaint, you must have a My South Cambs account. This allows you and us to track the progress of your complaint. 

You will need to tell us what your complaint is about and how this has affected you. You will also need to tell us why you are not happy with us.

What will happen in Stage 1?  

  • We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days. 
  • Your complaint will be passed to the appropriate manager and you can expect a reply within 10 working days. 
  • If your complaint needs further investigation and cannot be responded to fully within 10 working days you will be informed of the expected response time. 
  • If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint you can request to escalate it to stage two. 
  • If you remain dissatisfied with the response to your complaint you can complain directly to the Local Government Ombudsman

Stage 1:

We hope to resolve your initial complaint at the first stage of the process. The service manager from the relevant area will handle the investigation and work hard to resolve the issue promptly.

Stage 2:

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, then you can request that the complaint be passed to the Head of Service. In this case, you will receive a response within 20 working days of your request being received.

If your complaint is a Housing complaint at any stage during your complaint you can ask for a designated persons assistance to help resolve your complaint with the Housing Service. They can try to assist you in resolving the complaint or they can refer the complaint straight to the Housing Ombudsman.

Stage 3:

If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome, then you can complain directly to the Local Government Ombudsman, or the Housing Ombudsman for Housing related complaints. The ombudsman investigates complaints made regarding injustices which arise following poor administration by local authorities.

Read the complaints policy.

Was this web page helpful?