Ways to get moving during COVID-19
We're all now spending a lot more time at home than we might like, which is why staying as physically active as possible is more important than ever.
You can now exercise as many times as you like each day, as long as you follow social distancing guidelines. You can exercise on your own, with members of your household, or meet with 1 other person from a different household outdoors (following social distancing guidelines). You can travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance. You shouldn’t travel with someone from outside your household unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling.
If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home - this is critical to staying safe and saving lives.
Full information can be read on the government guidance on public spaces, outdoor activities and exercise.
Here's some useful links to help you get moving:
- Walkways around South Cambridgeshire
- Living sport #StayInWorkOut
- Sport England Join the movement
- Join the Movement is a brand-new campaign, funded by The National Lottery, giving you the advice and tools you need to help you do this while the country deals with the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Get active outdoors
- Daily Mile - a national initiative, supporting schools to get children fit for life and fit for learning.
- Mental health (Mind)
Was this web page helpful?