321 Running and Walking Routes
What is 3-2-1?
South Cambridgeshire District Council in partnership with England Athletic and the Run England project has developed four routes within the District in Cambourne, Wimpole, Fen Drayton and soon to be launched in Milton. The project aims to provide a range of marked out running or jogging routes that anyone can have a go at. It's a way of providing a meaningful challenge to help more people to get running when it best suits them.
Important: 3-2-1 routes are permanently marked running routes. Runners use the listed 3 2 1 routes at their own risk.
Tips for using our routes
- Find a group to run with - running with one of our groups makes running more fun, you make new friends and a qualified leader's advice can help you get the most from your running
- Look out for any hazards or obstacles - whether it is a tree root or a parked car the sooner you spot them the easier it is to avoid them. Your run will be less affected by them and you will be safer. Take all the personal safety precautions you normally would apply when on foot
- Be aware of traffic - don't take risks. On some routes you may have a choice of points at which to cross a road so doing it when the road is quietest and you have the best view of traffic is safer and less disruptive to your run
- Don't drown out sounds - headphones are popular but make sure you are aware of the sounds in your surroundings that can give you early warning of hazards
- Make sure you are visible - motorists will see you sooner and more clearly, and pedestrians are more likely to spot you and give you a clear run
Wimpole Summer Route
Wimpole Winter Route
Was this web page helpful?