Below are some examples of classes which have been set up as part of Let's Get Moving Cambridgeshire. For more information about a range of other activities please visit our Physical Activities page
'Qi', pronounced chee, is a Chinese word for 'energy' or a person's energy level. 'Gong' means 'work' a skill honed over time.
Qigong students work on gentle, flowing exercises that aim for relaxation, better posture and more.
Classes take place Monday 6pm to 7pm and Wednesdays 1.30 to 2.30pm at Milton Community Centre.
For more information about Qigong or the classes please email Kay.
Let's Get Moving Cambridgeshire is supporting Buggybootcamp.
Buggybootcamp is an exercise class for Mums with their babies. There are 3 sessions taking place in South Cambridgeshire:
- Waterbeach: Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 11am meeting on Village Green, CB25 9HR
- Melbourn: Mondays 9:30am to 10:30am The New Rec, SG8 6ED
Walking netball is ideal if you haven't played for a long time, if you have never played before or if you have had to stop playing due to injury. We have 3 sessions taking place in South Cambridgeshire.
- Monday 10:30am to 11:30am at Histon Recreation Ground £5 (£4 if member of Forever Active) (full)
- Tuesday 5:45pm to 6:45pm at Sawston Sports Centre (outdoor courts) £3
- Wednesday 6pm to 7pm at Linton Sports Centre (indoors) £3.50
- Wednesday 6pm-7pm at Sawston Sports Centre £3. For more information call the Sports Centre on 01223 71255.
New Age Kurling
New Age Kurling is an adapted version of the original curling game which can be played indoors on any flat surface.
- Mondays 2pm-3pm at Fowlmere Village Hall (£2.50)
- Wednesday 2pm-3pm at Gamlingay Eco Hub (£3)
- Thursdays 3.15pm-4.15pm at Sawston Sports Centre (£2.50)
- Fridays 10.30am-12noon at Papworth Village Hall (£3)
For more information about a range of other activities please visit our Physical Activities page
For more information email Ellen Bridges or call 01954 713294.
Was this web page helpful?