Planning Duty officer
Free planning advice and guidance
We offer 15-minutes free advice and guidance with a duty planning officer to support you with your planning application relating to your home.
What can I ask the duty planning officer about?
- the planning application process for householder applications
- how householder planning applications are assessed
- conditions that have been attached to a householder planning permission
The duty planning officer can assist you with simple questions about the following types of development:
• extensions, conservatories or a porch
• a garage or outbuilding
• new or altered access
• dormer windows or roof alterations
• a wall or fence
• new windows or doors
Make an appointment
Appointments must be made in advance by calling 0345 045 5215
Appointments will be available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays morning from 9.30am
Do you need Planning Permission?
You can make certain types of minor changes to your house without needing to apply for planning permission. These are called 'permitted development'.
The Planning Portal website contains advice on your permitted development rights and includes a number of interactive guides on common householder projects.
General planning advice online
Was this web page helpful?