North East Cambridge Area Action Plan
Draft Plan Consultation 2020
We are currently preparing an Area Action Plan (AAP) for the area known as North East Cambridge (NEC). The relocation of the Anglian Water facility in this area is a huge opportunity to create a significant new city district. Our vision for North East Cambridge is to create a lively, active, low-carbon new district, including space for businesses, homes, culture and leisure. We want to create a mix of activities which will serve existing communities, as well as new residents, and create real benefit for some of our most disadvantaged communities.
For further information and updates on the North East Cambridge Area Action Plan visit Greater Cambridge Shared Planning. If you would like to be automatically alerted about the upcoming consultation, please register on our consultation database.
We will shortly be publishing the draft Plan for a wide consultation with local communities, stakeholders and other consultees. This is currently scheduled for late summer 2020.
Why has the name changed?
This plan is referred to as the ‘Cambridge Northern Fringe Area Action Plan’ in the Local Development Scheme. Reflecting the more comprehensive vision being envisaged for the area, and the need to integrate development better with surrounding communities, we consider that the plan should be renamed the ‘North East Cambridge Area Action Plan’. The Issues and Option 2019 document explains that the proposed Area Action Plan boundary is to include the Cambridge Northern Fringe East area allocated in the Local Plans and the Cambridge Science Park. Views are sought on this.
2019 consultation documents
- North East Cambridge Area Action Plan - Issues and Options 2019 Report [PDF, 10MB]
- [PDF, 10MB]Interim Sustainability Appraisal [PDF, 3.5MB] - an appraisal of the sustainability effects of the Issues and Options 2019. This is an interim stage of the sustainability appraisal that must accompany the draft plan itself at the next stage.
- Equality Impact Assessments - considers the impact of proposals on people that live in, work in or visit the area:
- Statement of Consultation [PDF, 1MB] - sets out the consultation process for plan making. It includes a summary of representations received in 2014, and how those issues have been considered and taken into account in preparing Issues and Options 2019.
- Public Notice [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Poster [PDF, 0.5MB]
- Booklet [PDF, 13.5MB]
What happened to the comments I made in 2014?
We first carried out a consultation on Cambridge Northern Fringe East Area Action Plan - Issues and Options in 2014, and we have considered that feedback. Responding to the changing circumstances, we have now drawn up a new vision and objectives for the plan and identified a range of issues and options, the response to which will influence the strategy to be taken forward as the plan is prepared.
How can I be kept informed?
Individuals and organisations can opt-in to receiving future mailings in relation to public consultations or notifications on the North East Cambridge Area Action Plan by logging in to the Cambridge City and/or South Cambridgeshire District consultation databases and choosing the ‘areas of interest’ that you would like future mailings about. When you log in, you will find the list of ‘areas of interest’ under ‘my details’.
Was this web page helpful?