Submitting a search application and fees

Search fees

Our standard land charges search fees are as follows:

Residential search fees

  • Full residential search (LLC1 and CON29R): £130.00 (£151 including VAT)
  • LLC1 search only: £25 (VAT exempt)
  • CON29R official search: £105.00 (£126 including VAT)

Commercial/land search fees

  • Full commercial search (LLC1 and CON29R) £179.17 (£210 including VAT)
  • CON29R Official Search: £154.17 (£185.00 including VAT)

This is our schedule of fees.

Local Land Charges include VAT.

CON29R and CON29O products will be subject to VAT at the standard rate of 20%.

The statutory LLC1 Official Certificate of Search is unaffected by this charge and remains VAT exempt.

Submitting your search application

Search applications must include the following in order to be accepted for processing:

  • A correct and clear address to be searched against
  • The correct fee
  • 1 copy of the LLC1 form
  • 1 copy of the CON29R form

An up to date site or property location plan (relevant parcel of land or property that you require information on must be edged in red) 

Please email your completed LLC1 and Con29 forms to

Search payments

Payments can be made by debit or credit card. 

One of our team will get in touch to take your payment once the application has been processed.

The Council does not provide copies of the LLC1 or CON29 forms, but they are available for purchase from OYEZ and The Law Society as paper or on-line versions.

Land ownership details and copies of ordnance survey extracts can be obtained by contacting the Land Registry.

Individual CON29O highways search or Highway Boundary Enquiry can be self-served by going directly to Cambridgeshire County Council webpage.

Drainage Enquiries

As the statutory sewerage undertaker, Anglian Water Services Ltd. holds the sewer maps as a statutory register. You can process an online request using the Anglian Water Geodesys website.

Document copies

Planning decisions are available online free of charge

  • For copies of Building Regulation Approvals, contact Building Control.
  • For copy documents required as a result of a Personal Search, full details of the register entry are required.
  • For copy planning decisions the planning decision number and the decision date is required.

Was this web page helpful?

Feedback form

Your feedback
Do you require feedback from a member of the team?
Your details