We can take planning enforcement action against development which does not have the necessary planning permission or other permissions. It can also enforce against non-compliance.
Our planning enforcement team deals with alleged breaches of planning control and our three investigators are fully trained in enforcement and the application of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.
We deal with approximately 600 planning investigations per year.
Typical investigations are likely to consist of the following:
- Carrying out of development where no planning permission exists
- development which deviates from that which has been granted planning permission
- the breach of a condition imposed under an extant planning permission
- unauthorised display of advertisements
- unauthorised works to a Listed building
- unauthorised works to a protected tree; and,
- untidy land issues.
Planning Enforcement Notices
There are a number of different planning enforcement Notices and/or actions that are able to be taken by the planning enforcement team:
- Enforcement Notice
- Breach of Condition Notice
- Stop Notice
- Temporary Stop Notice
- Section 215 Notice (Amenity Notice)
- Formal Cautions
- Planning Enforcement Order
- Remedial Notice – High Hedges
- Injunctive Action