If your application is refused and you would like to appeal this decision, please discuss it with your case officer.
It may be possible to submit a modified application if changes to your proposal would make it acceptable. Submitting a modified application is free of charge within 12 months of the refusal.
You also have a right of appeal which can be made in the following circumstances:
- Refusal of permission
- permission has been granted but with conditions which are not considered acceptable
- failure to determine the application within the time allowed (normally 8 weeks from validation of application)
- a Planning Enforcement Notice has been served.
The appeal must be made by the original applicant(s) and must be made within:
- 12 weeks of the decision date for householder applications
- 8 weeks of the decision date for advertisement consent
- 6 months of the decision date for all other applications
If you wish to discuss an appeal, please can contact your case officer who dealt with the application.