Zero Carbon Communities energy surveys for community buildings
We are pleased to announce that we are partnering with Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT) to provide Free Energy Surveys for community buildings within South Cambridgeshire.
If you are would like a review of the energy usage at your Community Building and advice on how to improve its energy efficiency, you can apply for your Free Energy Survey below. Please ensure you have read our eligibility criteria before applying.
All eligible grant applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first come first served basis. We aim to let applicants know of the decision within one month after the application submission.
Full list of eligibility criteria
- Be a non-profit group or organisation based in South Cambridgeshire or benefiting South Cambridgeshire residents, OR a South Cambridgeshire parish council.
Non-profit organisations could include registered charities, companies limited by guarantee, unincorporated associations or clubs, community interest companies, charitable incorporated organisations, community benefit societies, social enterprises, established voluntary sector organisations and community shops with an appropriate legal structure (ie not profit-making).
- Have a written constitution or mission statement
- Have an elected committee or representative steering group
- Have a bank account
- Be able to provide an up to date copy of their accounts and any relevant protection policies. Parish councils can signpost us to relevant online documentation and do not need to submit hard copies.
If your organisation does not have a written constitution, mission statement and/or relevant protection policies please contact Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service for advice in meeting these requirements. Please call 01223 464696 or email email@example.com
What is included in the energy survey?
- Site Visit
- Bespoke Energy Efficiency Review Report
- Data Analysis
- Follow-Up Support
What supporting documentation is required?
- A copy of your organisation's constitution or mission statement (except parish councils)
- Two years' worth of energy data.
- If available, a copy of the site plan with building dimensions
- A copy of a schedule of activity for your Community building
- PECT is fully compliant with Covid-19 restrictions, PECT Energy Advisors will wear masks and gloves whilst onsite, taking photos of the building and equipment as required
- PECT has a Quality Assurance Policy and aims to develop a full understanding of the needs of their clients, funders and partners, openly discussing the individual requirements of every contract to ensure clients are fully satisfied with their work.
- Data will be collected and stored in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- PECT has the following insurance:
(1) Employer’s Liability Insurance = £10M
(2) Public Liability Insurance = £5M
(3) Professional Indemnity Insurance = £2M
- PECT has a formal procedure for managing the risk of lone working and working outside of the office environment and have a system in place for completing risk assessments and communicating these risks to relevant workers.
Was this web page helpful?