Dates and times
Our next Taxi forum will take place on 8 January 2020 at 2:00 pm.
This will be a virtual Teams meeting.
- To provide a Forum where trade and driver representatives can raise and discuss matters with the Council to allow the Council to listen to local businesses.
- To provide a Forum where the Council can circulate information relevant to the trade and consult on proposed policy changes
- To update the Forum on locally agreed policy changes and changes to national legislation or policy for wider distribution
Membership will consist of:
- Licensing and other relevant Council Officers
- Hackney Carriage Trade representatives (Max 5 and attendees must be nominated by their recognised organisation(s)),
- Private Hire Trade representatives (Max 15 and no more than 2 per organisation which can be either Operators or drivers’ representatives).
- Up to 10 drivers (private hire or hackney carriage) nominated by particular communities.
- If a member does not attend 3 meetings without sending apologies or a nominated deputy, their membership will be withdrawn.
- Other persons may from time to time be co–opted on to the Forum to assist with specific issues.
- Applications to join the Forum will be considered on a first come first served basis as and when received; a waiting list will also be maintained. In each case a trade representative should demonstrate:
- the number and type of licence holder they represent
- how they will circulate information to those they represent
- process by which they are selected to be representatives
- frequency of meetings with the people they represent.
Frequency of Forum Meetings
Meetings to be held every 3 months at South Cambridgeshire District Council, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, CB23 6EA
Was this web page helpful?