Sex Establishment

Application for a sex shop and cinema licence under Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

To run a sex shop (for example, any premises selling sex toys, books or videos) you will need a licence from the local authority. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from the local authority under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.

We adopted the above Act on 10 August 2006.

We have adopted the following conditions of licensing.


1) Initial application - £3900.00

2) Renewal - £708.00

Application forms

Apply online for a Sex Shop (and Cinema) Licence

Was this web page helpful?