Senior Recovery Officer
|Job title:||Senior Recovery Officer|
|Salary:||Grade 5: £30,737 to £35,747 per annum|
|Hours:||Full time: 37 hours per week|
|Closing date:||4 July 2022|
We have an exciting opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual to join our high performing debt recovery team as Senior Recovery Officer in Rents.
You will be the senior officer in a team of 8 collecting rent arrears from around 6,500 council properties and garages. You will also work closely with the team recovering Council Tax and Business Rates debts. The post holder will be expected to:
- provide Senior Officer support to the rest of the Rent Team and co-ordinate day to day work
- contribute to a corporate approach to debt management and to promote an adaptable debt collection service which maximises income to the Council whilst recognising the needs of individual customers and responding in an appropriate manner
- continually improve debt recovery procedures to include a systematic and managed approach to these functions
- represent the Council at both the County and Magistrates’ Courts
- work with advice agencies to help collect rent arrears and prevent homelessness
You should possess at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or equivalent, including Maths & English, plus have experience of working in a revenue collection environment, ideally experience of attending Court hearings.
Excellent communication skills are paramount, as the post holder will be dealing with a wide variety of internal and external customers, and an appreciate of the regulations covering local taxation would be an advantage. A high level of IT skills is also required.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Matt Wynn on 01954 713109.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 4 July 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 11 July 2022
Was this web page helpful?