Enforcement Officer – Environmental Health
|Job title:||Enforcement Officer – Environmental Health|
|Salary:||£29,185 - £33,942|
|Location:||South Cambridgeshire Hall, Cambourne|
|Closing date:||3 February 2020|
Do you like to make a difference for people? Do you want an interesting, varied and empowered role? Do you want to work for a supportive and flexible employer? You would be our next Enforcement Officer.
Working across South Cambridgeshire, you will be a key part of the Environmental Health team, responding to calls and developing our service in relation to environmental crime and nuisance to ensure that the district remains a safe place to live, work and visit.
You will be confident to work alone as well as in partnership with internal and external services to address such as:
- abandoned vehicles
- dog related issues, including stray dogs and dog fouling
- fly tipping
- noise and anti-social behaviour and community matters of concern
- taxi licensing enforcement
Reporting to the Operational Manager for Community matters, you will be responsible for ensuring that reported incidents are investigated, analysed and appropriate action taken to achieve a successful outcome.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with members of the community and parish and district councillors to share and receive information regarding community issues, as well as support our customers as required. The successful candidate will have:
The role will require the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to environmental crime and anti-social behaviour. Experience in the delivery of these powers would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have:
- an enthusiasm for problem solving and utilising the tools and powers available to them
- one or more A Levels, or equivalent experience of working with the public, including in challenging situations
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- experience of using a case management system for monitoring calls for service
- a customer focus
- the ability to remain calm, polite and professional in confrontational situations
- the ability to work outside in all weathers as well as in an office environment
- a full driving licence and their own vehicle
You will need to be able to work flexibly in line with the needs of the role, which may include occasional weekend working.
This is a permanent post working 37 hours per week.
For further information please contact Emma Carter-Knight on 01954 713140.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 3rd February 2020
Interviews: To be held week commencing 10 February 2020
Was this web page helpful?