New affordable homes in South Cambridgeshire
We are committed to building new homes for Council tenants that are truly affordable to live in. On this page you can find information about where our new homes have been or are being built across a number of developments around the district.
Some of the new homes will be available as affordable rent properties. Once they are complete, you will be to register your interest in these homes via Homelink.
The rest of the new homes will be available through a shared ownership scheme. Even before these homes are complete, they will be advertised privately, details of who to contact will be on the development site signboards, alternatively, please email email@example.com for further information.
All of our new homes are built to high specifications and are energy efficient with double glazed windows. Some homes also have solar panels or are powered by air source heat pumps.
Potential tenants or buyers who have a local connection will be prioritised for all of our new build homes.
Homes being built
Orchard Gardens, Melbourn
- Nine affordable homes will be due to complete in winter 21/22. These consist of 2 1-bed apartments, a 1-bed house and 3 2-bed homes to be advertised as affordable rent.
- The remaining 3 homes, all 3-bed houses, will be advertised for shared ownership.
Boxworth End, Swavesey
- Twelve affordable properties will be advertised in the Summer/Autumn 2022. Consisting of 4 1-bed apartments and 4 2-bed semi detached houses for affordable rent. The final 4 properties made up of 2 2-bed semi detached homes and 2 3-bed semi detached homes will be sold as shared ownership.
High Street, Meldreth
- 4 affordable rent homes are being built in High Street, Meldreth by developer Enterprise. These are made up of 2 2-bed semi detached homes and 2 3-bed semi detached homes.
- 3 2-bed terraced houses will be advertised for shared ownership.
- Expected completion will be end of Summer 2022.
Emerson Park, Great Abington
- 3 affordable rent homes built to a high specification are due to complete in Winter 21/22. This site also offers 4 1-bedroom apartments offered under the 'First Homes' initiative. For further information, please contact the developer Laragh Homes.
The Birdlings, Toft
- 11 shared ownership homes have already been completed (2- to 4-bedrooms) and are being advertised through Domovo, 4 of these homes have been sold and a further 3 have been reserved. There are four 2-bed semi detached homes available.
- A further 25 homes are planned, all as affordable rent. This includes eight 1-bedroom flats; nine 2-bedroom flats; five 2-bedroom houses; and three 3-bedroom houses. 23 of these affordable rent have been completed and are all occupied. The remaining 2 bed semi detached and 3 bed semi detached are scheduled for completion in summer 2022.
The Hawthorns, Sawston
- We haven't yet completed all homes at this development, but by 2022 there will be 44 affordable rent and 19 shared ownership homes in the pipeline
- The affordable rent homes will include 20 1-bedroom flats; 21 2-bedroom flats; two 3-bedroom houses; and one 4-bedroom house. The first eleven affordable rent are allocated and due to be handed over in November 2021.
- Through shared ownership there will be four 1-bedroom flats; 11 2-bedroom flats; three 3-bedroom houses; and one 4-bedroom house.
Burlington Place, Foxton
- Since autumn 2020, we have had six affordable rent homes tenanted (four 1-bedroom maisonettes and two 2-bedroom houses), alongside three shared ownership homes (one 2-bedroom house and two 3-bedroom houses). A 3 bed shared ownership house remains available through Domovo.
Burton End, West Wickham
- Since winter 2020, three affordable rent homes have been tenanted (one 1-bedroom bungalow; one 2-bedroom bungalow; and one 2-bedroom house), alongside one 3-bedroom shared ownership house which has now been sold and occupied.
Larkfield, Great Abington
- 18 new homes completed since summer 2020 - a mixture of affordable rent and shared ownership. All are now occupied
Pembrook Way, Teversham
- Five new affordable rent homes completed in winter 2020, including two 1-bedroom maisonettes; two 2-bedroom houses; and one 1-bedroom bungalow. All are now occupied.
Hunters Close, Impington
- In October 2021 we completed on seven affordable rent homes (six 1-bedroom flats, and one 3- bedroom house) and three shared ownership homes (two 2-bedroom houses and one 3-bedroom house). All affordable rent are occupied and all shared ownership are now sold.
Meridian Fields, Hardwick
- 25 new build affordable rent homes ranging from 1 bed to 4 bed, have been completed through 2021 and all are are now occupied.
- 12 Shared Ownership have also been completed ranging from 2 to 3 bed. Nine of these have now been sold/reserved. The remaining three 2 bed semi detached homes are being advertised through Domovo.
Bartlow Road, Castle Camps
- In September 2021, we completed on 4 new affordable homes consisting of 3 affordable rent and one shared ownership. All are now occupied.
Was this web page helpful?