Housing policies consultation 2021
Consultation on new housing policies relating to Build to Rent, Clustering and Distribution of Affordable Housing and Affordable Rent Setting.
What is this consultation about?
One of the aims of our Greater Cambridge Housing Strategy is to demonstrate what we expect new housing developments across Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire to look like.
To build on this further, we and Cambridge City Council are consulting jointly on more detailed policies around:
- Build to Rent [PDF, 0.2MB]: Purpose built housing schemes providing homes entirely for rent (as opposed to those brought forward by councils and housing associations as social or affordable rent homes)
- Clustering and Distribution of Affordable Housing [PDF, 0.1MB]: How affordable housing should be grouped (clustered) and spread out on new developments.
- Affordable Rent Setting [PDF, 0.2MB]: How affordable rent levels for council and housing association homes should be set to ensure that they are as affordable as possible to those who need them
We are seeking the views of:
- Housing developers, investors, and registered providers with an interest in these issues locally
- Council tenants, leaseholders and housing register applicants
- Other people living or working in Greater Cambridge
- Local employers
- Public sector organisations operating in the area
- Parish Councils
- Resident associations and tenant associations
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Other partners who work with, or have an interest in working with the two councils
How can I take part?
The consultation will run for 7 weeks, from Tuesday 9 February until 11.59pm, Tuesday 23 March 2021 . If you would like to comment on the draft policies, please complete our survey.
Paper copies of the survey are also available on request.
Was this web page helpful?