Apply for housing

Home-Link is a scheme offering more choice to housing register applicants across South Cambridgeshire and six neighbouring authorities.

The scheme gives a clear picture of the properties available in your area and across the sub-region.

You can apply for a council or housing association home by visiting the Home-Link scheme website.

Housing Register 

Once you have completed your application form and supplied the relevant documents to support your application, you will be placed on the housing register.

You will also receive a welcome pack explaining the housing needs band into which you have been placed.

Apply online through the Home-link website.
If you require a printed form you can request one from us by calling 03450 450 051.

What if I need to make a change to my housing application form?

If you have a change in circumstances and need to make a change to your application form, please log in to your account.

Select “My Details” and then click the link to complete a change of circumstances. You are able to update your contact details without completing the form.

Once we have received your revised form, we will carry out a housing needs assessment based on the new circumstances and will contact you if we need any further information.

Examples of change of circumstances are detailed below, although this list is not exhaustive:

  • change of address
  • people joining or leaving the household
  • relationship breakdown
  • or any other material change in circumstances which will affect the application for housing.

For other changes i.e, birth of a child, change of income/capital, death of a household member, you will need to send copies of documents to support this.

Please address all post to the Home-Link Team and quote your Home Link reference.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact us.

What is Help to Buy?

The government has created a range of Help to Buy products to assist those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to get a foot on or up the housing ladder.

Whether you are looking to get onto the housing ladder or move up it, there is a range of Help to Buy products designed to make buying a home more affordable, including:

Shared Ownership - New build and Re-sales

Shared Ownership is designed for those who cannot afford to purchase a property on the open market.

This scheme allows you to purchase a percentage share of a property and pay a subsidised rent on the remaining share to the housing association selling the property.

You can then choose to purchase further shares in the future until you own the property outright.

This scheme can be available on New Build and also second hand properties, which are referred to as re-sale shared ownership. These are homes previously purchased through the scheme and now looking to be sold.

Equity Loans

The Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme is designed to help you purchase specific new-build properties from participating registered developers, priced up to £600,000 with as little as a 5% deposit.

The Government lends you up to 20% of the cost of your new-build home, so you’ll only need to provide a 5% cash deposit and a 75% mortgage to make up the rest.

You won’t be charged loan fees on the 20% loan for the first five years of owning your home.

Want to find out more?

Call 0800 456 1188 or email 

Was this web page helpful?

Feedback form

Your feedback
Your details